- Very Good
- 50 guest reviews
"Four-poster room was very impressive, staff were friendly and helpful. The spa was lovely; it was clean, not too crowded and open until late..."
"A beautiful centuries old hotel tastefully furnished, warm and clean. As many other reviews have said the staff are friendly and helpful. Th..."
"Overall this is a very pleasant hotel, staff attentive and helpful, a little quirky as I stayed in the barn conversion but overlooked the lo..."
"There's a word I kept thinking of when I was stopping here, "but". There's a but to every positive and another for every negative which make..."
"This ancient building with its draughty doors and creaking floorboards, gave a warm and homely welcome that extended beyond the comfortable..."
About the hotel
The Manor House Hotel, a 35 bedroom AA 3* hotel conveniently located in the charming village of West Auckland, is a historic, family owned hotel offering a friendly welcome, comfortable accommodation and extensive facilities. With 35 well appointed bedrooms, a mix of doubles, twins and spacious Four Poster rooms split between the main building and the courtyard area, The Manor House Hotel is the perfect destination for both business & leisure. Food is served all day in the hotels Juniper Restaurant with a range of quality, affordable dining options.
Relax after a long day with a drink in the lounge or Stables Bar. Make use of the hotels leisure facilities - free for all hotel guests - complete with pool, sauna, steam room and gym. A variety of spa treatments are available on request - pre booking essential. We also have extensive business facilities, with two meeting rooms and free wifi available in the hotels public areas, which include the hotels lounge area. The hotel is ideally located for exploring everything that County Durham has to offer, including the famous Bowes Museum, and is less than half an hours drive from Durham Cathedral & Castle. The hotel is famous for its history - reputed to be King Henry VIIIs hunting lodge, the Manor House Hotel offers character, heritage, and history all rolled in with friendly customer & modern conveniences. Part of the family run STR/Keeping Inn group, who also own the the Honest Lawyer Hotel in Durham, the Centurion Bar in Newcastle Central Station, and the Victoria Hotel in Bamburgh.
Showing Wednesday 14 October 2015 to Thursday 15 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
72% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel, with friendly staff and a good spa!
Four-poster room was very impressive, staff were friendly and helpful.
The spa was lovely; it was clean, not too crowded and open until late evening, so you can maximise your time there. Location is less-secluded than it looks on the photos, but the surroundings were very quiet.
We didn't eat in the hotel, so I can't comment on the food, but I bought a drink from the bar, which I knocked over before managing a sip, and they replaced it without asking. We had a really relaxing break, and I'd definitely stay here again.