- Very Good
- 23 guest reviews
"Lovely room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Receptionist asked if it was a special occasion. We told her it was our anniversary. On arriva..."
"Our bedroom was beautiful, four poster bed - extra lengthy, which was brilliant for my tall partner - the shower was really powerful and the..."
"The Manor house hotel was lovely we felt like a Lord and Lady for the weekend. The room was exciting large and the bed huge. Food was excell..."
"Enjoyable stay would go again a bit disappointed we couldn't get spa treatments but we were given a complimentary bottle of wine. Staff very..."
"Very good rooms. Real medieval building with authentic interior real charm. Always a lovely stay...."
About the hotel
The Manor House Hotel, a 35 bedroom AA 3* hotel conveniently located in the charming village of West Auckland, is a historic, family owned hotel offering a friendly welcome, comfortable accommodation and extensive facilities. Parking and Wi-Fi are available for all guest and are free of charge. With 35 well-appointed bedrooms, a mix of doubles, twins, and spacious Four Poster rooms split between the main building and the courtyard area, The Manor House Hotel is the perfect destination for both business & leisure.
Food is served all day in the hotel’s Juniper Restaurant with a range of quality, affordable dining options. Relax after a long day with a drink in the lounge or Stables Bar. Make use of the hotel’s leisure facilities - free for all hotel guests - complete with pool, sauna, steam room and gym. A variety of spa treatments are available on request - pre-booking essential. We also have extensive business facilities, with two meeting rooms and free wifi available in the hotel’s public areas, which include the hotel’s lounge area. The hotel is ideally located for exploring everything that County Durham has to offer, including the famous Bowes Museum, and is less than half an hour’s drive from Durham Cathedral & Castle. The hotel is famous for its history - reputed to be King Henry VIIIs hunting lodge, the Manor House Hotel offers character, heritage, and history all rolled in with friendly customer & modern conveniences. Part of the family run STR/Keeping Inn group, who also own the Honest Lawyer Hotel in Durham, the Centurion Bar in Newcastle Central Station, and the Victoria Hotel in Bamburgh.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 10 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Anniversary night away
Very friendly and helpful staff. Receptionist asked if it was a special occasion. We told her it was our anniversary. On arrival at the restaurant were told that the bottle of wine was on the house. Lovely touch. Our 3rd stay here and we'll be back.
Our bedroom was beautiful, four poster bed - extra lengthy, which was brilliant for my tall partner - the shower was really powerful and the view from the window out into the garden was peaceful.
Service was a bit patchy - had to wait about 5 minutes before being greeted at reception and although one of the waiting staff was on the ball the others were a little incompetent.