- 153 guest reviews
"An big old hotel, that is perfectly adequate. Staff friendly and efficient. Like a lot of these places it has character and is kept fairly t..."
"i stayed here two nights and found the desk staff friendly,efficient and helpful. The breakfast was self service and had a great range of ch..."
"We love staying at this hotel, however this time the room really did need looking after, the bathroom window was filthy on the outside and i..."
"This hotel has style (faded splendour), is well located, and is very reasonably priced...."
"just a little revamping but very cosy food exellent clean room would recomend a friend..."
About the hotel
Located in a prime position for those Golf lovers and shopaholics, 5 minutes walk from Southport train station! This beautifully kept Victorian hotel boasts the most beautiful landscaped gardens and detailed architecture from days gone by. Throughout, the reception, lounge area and the bedrooms the decoration is in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 143 en-suite bedrooms are fully equipped with today’s modern facilities.
The restaurant is the Colonial, which serves excellent traditional fayre dishes and the Clubhouse bar, themed in true Golf style, has a friendly atmosphere. The hotel also features the 11 Conference Rooms available for any occasion with first class facilities and accommodating up to 450 people. WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Showing Wednesday 3 June 2015 to Thursday 4 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/03/2010 to 01/03/2023 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Valid Photo ID must be shown if guests are wishing to settle the account by cash. The LateRooms.com rates for Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
62% would recommend it to a friend
Good for the price
An big old hotel, that is perfectly adequate.
Staff friendly and efficient. Like a lot of these places it has character and is kept fairly tidy, but (if you're inclined to nit pick) you can always find little niggles where , carpets, wall paper, and fittings might need attention. I've stayed here twice and as a self employed business owner I consider it good value for money. Both times I've booked a single room but ended up in a double (Though I guess there's no guarantee of an upgrade). Central location. Big rooms. Good shower. Park in the hotel grounds for a fee or out on the main road which is free 6pm to 8am. I didn't eat in at all (Lots of eating out options just over the road), so can't comment.
Good OLD PRINCE of WALES.
i stayed here two nights and found the desk staff friendly,efficient and helpful.
The breakfast was self service and had a great range of choices.i also found my room well decorated, with all one could need to be well satisfied. Dinner was very good and also excellent value. The hotel is right on LORD ST. with onsite secure parking and i will most certainly use it on my next visit to Southport. Thank you Prince of Wales.