- 34 guest reviews
"This isn't a great review so first off I want to say that the staff were excellent, no complaints there whatsoever, other than I had request..."
"We recently spent 2 nights at the Crutherland House hotel with a Laterooms DBB deal. Wonderful service and despite a minor confusion with th..."
"Nice building in scenic grounds. Room spacious and clean with great bathroom. Beds far too soft and springy. The food was ordinary and the s..."
"Excellent facilities, very friendly staff and set in a idyllic location just outside city centre, wonderful place to stay and the rooms were..."
"Food portions weren't very large for the money plus alcoholic drinks were very expensive. 2 drinks came to £13.90!..."
About the hotel
Turning of the main road the quiet tree lined drive leads to 37 Acres of tranquil garden and woodlands. Located just 15 minutes from the heart of Glasgow surrounded by countryside, offering luxurious accommodation, excellent dining and total relaxation. The original building, which now acts as the hub of the hotel, dates back to 1700 although it was not used as a hotel until 1964.
With a superb function suite, luxurious bedrooms and excellent leisure and Spa facilities, Crutherland House is one of the finest and most luxurious hotels in the West of Scotland. Every one of the bedrooms has been designed and decorated with comfort in mind. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. If you prefer privacy during your stay, you can select cuisine from the 24-hour room service menu. Macdonald Hotels has established an enviable reputation for their cuisine and The Crutherland House Hotel has helped to maintain that standard. The award winning chefs use prime fresh produce, locally bred or grown wherever possible and dishes that are mainly Scottish and continental, while the wines are specially selected to compliment whatever choice of food you make. To make your dining experience complete why not begin with a cocktail or aperitif in the elegant cocktail bar and, afterwards return to relax in the sofas and leather armchairs over coffee and a brandy, malt whisky, or whatever liqueur takes your fancy. **Please note there will be a £3. 00 charge for the use of credit/debit cards**
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Fishing
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 19/10/2016 - Please note that breakfast and dinner inclusive rates are based on two people. Children's meals are not included in the rates in family rooms and will need to be paid for as taken at the hotel direct The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Bit run-down. Expect better from a 4 star.
This isn't a great review so first off I want to say that the staff were excellent, no complaints there whatsoever, other than I had requested ice for the room twice (you have to ask RS for it, there's no dispensers) and both times I had to chase it up.
The room itself was a bit shabby, the pillows were rubbish and the beds just weren't comfortable. There were holes in the walls and pencil lines on the wallpaper where some sort of work had been done in the past , next to the headboard. There were holes where the curtain tie-back hooks had been removed, and the corner where the little table is had what looked like scuffs or maybe more pencil marks all over the wallpaper. The bathroom wasn't adequately stocked for a couple, just one tiny bottle of shampoo and no conditioner. The hairdryer stopped working after about 2 minutes and the lamp on the dresser didn't work at all. Out in the corridor on the 2nd floor, the lift call button needed pushing several times to work. Not much of an issue if you can take the stairs, but my wife has mobility issues and stairs are slow and difficult to manage. In the main hall where the wedding reception was taking place there was a smell of damp coming up from the carpet, and there wasn't adequate staff for the bars. This meant the queue was long and slow-moving, and it didn't help that one bar actually didn't have any wine glasses behind it at one point. Also, I don't know what's going on with those tills, but it took the staff longer to ring-up each order than it did to actually pour the drinks; maybe that was just a one-off as the whole system did actually crash at one point meaning they couldn't serve anyone. Does that make it better. I'm not sure. To end on a positive note, the food was excellent at breakfast with a full range of choice including fry-up, lots of fruit or cereal and tea, coffee and orange juice, and the pool area was nice and relaxing. The steam-room could've been a bit steamier for my tastes and it would've been nice if there was a drinking water-cooler poolside, but that's just my preference. The sauna and pool were great and if I'm ever forced to stay there again I'll use it more.
10th year anniversary
We recently spent 2 nights at the Crutherland House hotel with a Laterooms DBB deal.
Wonderful service and despite a minor confusion with the finalised bill which was resolved immediately i would recommend this deal without hesitation.