- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"Fantastic building with amazing Room and Bathroom. Only a few issues: 1. The Restaurant was very expensive and the quality of food didn't re..."
"This is a lovely country house hotel in a pretty setting. The room was a good size, the bed very comfortable and a good shower. Adequate toi..."
"A perfect location, wonderful food, reaaly nice people. highly reccommend...."
About the hotel
Oxfordshire hotel, Fallowfields was voted Small Hotel of the Year for Tourism South East in 2005 and in 2007 and runner up in their "Flavour of the South East" category in 2008. Located in Kingston Bagpuize it is a beautiful country house, dating back over 300 years offering superb accommodation in the tranquil Vale of the White Horse - yet just 20 minutes from the historic and beautiful City of Oxford. Set in 12 acres of mature trees, gardens and farmland, the hotel offers an exquisite retreat.
You can stretch your legs around our beautiful Oxfordshire grounds, absorbing the special ambience that comes with over 300 years of peaceful pastoral history. One guest said: "There are ten highly individual bedrooms to accommodate you, your family and friends - elegant, comfortable and beautifully appointed - they are as warm as your welcome". Our four-poster and luxurious king-sized beds (splittable) should afford you a restful sleep. All rooms have baths, power showers and/or spa baths. Fine food is prepared by Head Chef and his brigade from our prolific, kitchen garden and farm. Herbs such as Lovage or Sorrel and daily-picked vegetables will reawaken your taste-buds. You will dine elegantly in our candlelit dining room and by choosing our own rare breed pork, Aylesbury duck, chicken, quail or Dexter beef you will be supporting our "buy local" ethos. Our menu is imaginatively styled and presented as well as tasting fantastic with its fresh and naturally grown/reared ingredients. Fallowfield’s restaurant has been described by a gourmet guide us as "one of the best hotel restaurants in the County". In addition to a warm welcome we offer that rarest of assets - tranquillity. We maintain a no-smoking policy in all our bedrooms. We are sure you will feel instantly at home here in and aim through our attention to detail and personal service to make every visit more memorable than the last.
Showing Wednesday 14 October 2015 to Thursday 15 October 2015Change Search
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Massage , Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire , Croquet , Tennis Courts , Horse Riding
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 04/09/2015 to 31/12/2015 - The hotel restaurant is closed Monday 's and Tuesdays The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel aside for two-three things
Fantastic building with amazing Room and Bathroom.
Only a few issues:
1. The Restaurant was very expensive and the quality of food didn't really represent it (no matter how many aperitifs they add on!)
2. There is no mobile signal at all whatsoever (I have several phones with different providers) and for someone like myself on business this was quite critical
3. Similar to 2 except this time applying to Wi-Fi, it stated there was Wi-FI but loading Google took 5-10 minutes. This isn't really what i'd call 'internet'. So just like 2, trying to get much work done was a massive issue.
Nice hotel but...
This is a lovely country house hotel in a pretty setting.
The room was a good size, the bed very comfortable and a good shower. Adequate toiletries. Nice biscuits. However, be aware that there are no spa baths in the hotel. We thought we had booked one, but were told they had all been removed. Connecting to wifi posed some problems, but these were resolved when I reported this to reception and was told there was an alternative wifi address. (I could have been advised of this earlier). The breakfast was not as described on the website. For example, there were no croissants, pastries or pains chocolats. My scrambled eggs were over-cooked, so the breakfast was disappointing. We paid £105 and expected better, I'm afraid.