- Very Good
- 63 guest reviews
"We had a number of issues during our stay. Each one was dealt with quickly and with a smile and apology. They just were irritations that sho..."
"Overall we had a really great stay and would definitely come back to the hotel. The only real problem was that breakfast was chaos, a fiftee..."
"The hotel was beautiful and in a great location right at the heart of the city. The room was very clean, well presented and well equipped wi..."
"Lobby and reception was lovely. Bar and restaurant also lovely. Not so impressed the minute I got to the 1st floor. First flight of stairs l..."
"lovely hotel,staff very friendly and service excellent.The only thing I didn't like we were a little to close to other people at breakfast,o..."
About the hotel
Located in the heart of the vibrant historic city of Chester, the Macdonald Blossoms Hotel retains most of it's original victorian features, with a mix of period charm and modern luxury. Ideally located, the hotel is just a short stroll away from the famous shopping 'Rows' , scenic riverside, Cathedral and Roman City Walls. Our stylish new 1650 St Johns Restaurant serves a delicious selection fresh fish and meats cooked to perfection, there's no better place to enjoy a delicious meal.
Booking in advance is recommended to guarantee availability. Other attractions nearby include Chester racecourse, just a gentle 10 minute stroll through the vibrant streets of the city. Chester Zoo can also be reached by car or local bus for those wishing to venture outside the Centre. Chester is famous for it's shopping experience and the famous Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village is also a short drive from the hotel. The hotel is also within easy reach of Chester Business Park, home to Bank of America, HBOS, M&S Money to name a few. Also the Industrial Parks of both Ellesmere Port and Deeside are easy to reach too. Due to the hotel's central location, the nearest car park is the Grosvenor Shopping Centre Car Park - Post Code: CH1 1CA. The car park is open 24 hours a day and at the cost of £10. 00 per 24 hours.
Showing Wednesday 4 May 2016 to Thursday 5 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 15/05/2009 to 25/05/2017 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Good Central Location
We had a number of issues during our stay.
Each one was dealt with quickly and with a smile and apology. They just were irritations that should not happen really. Would stay again though. Happy our cocktails were great. Lift is tiniest you have ever been in so if you are claustrophobic take the stairs.
Great stay with a slight issue
Overall we had a really great stay and would definitely come back to the hotel.
The only real problem was that breakfast was chaos, a fifteen minute wait, orders wrong, staff were swamped and clearly unable to cope with a full dining room.