- Very Good
- 59 guest reviews
"nice food at the hotel, although for the price the rooms are very dated and tired, the tap in the bath dripped all night and the noise from..."
"Straight forward value for money. Ask them for a different post code if using Sat Nav - Thetford is one way heaven!..."
"Breakfast starting from 8am meant that it had to be missed, which reduced the value for money. Usually it is worrying about whether I am up..."
"Friendly greeting on arrival, clean a tidy room, great friendly service from all the staff and a great Cooked breakfast in the morning, just..."
"We were very pleased with our room and all the staff were welcoming and helpful with local information...."
About the hotel
The Bell Hotel Thetford sites in the heart of the historic market town of Thetford in the heart of Suffolk with easy access from Bury St Edmunds and Norwich via the A11. A thriving inn since the 15th century, the Bell Hotel retains much of its original character and is even said to be haunted. The Bell Hotel is famous as the home of the cast & crew of the television series "Dad's Army".
Thetford features throughout the "Dad's Army" series providing backdrops to many of the programme's scenes. The Bell Inn is a well known and busy wedding venue, so please be aware that if you are visiting the Bell on a Friday or Saturday it maybe noisy with a disco going on. The 12th century Thetford Priory is within walking distance of the hotel. Thetford Forest is just 5 miles away, Oxburgh Hall and the nearby Water Gardens about 20. Also worth visiting is Bressingham Steam Museum and Garden. Enjoy a warm and welcoming atmosphere and great hospitality. Large car park.
Showing Wednesday 27 May 2015 to Thursday 28 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Fitness Centre, Squash Courts, Tennis Courts, Fishing, Horse Riding
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/04/2010 to 14/05/2010 - Under going refurbishment. Food will be available to guests throughout this period. Please be aware that there will be builders and decorators within certain areas of the hotel Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. The LateRooms.com rates for Bell in Thetford are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
tired and dated
nice food at the hotel, although for the price the rooms are very dated and tired, the tap in the bath dripped all night and the noise from the street cleaners at 5 in the morning is horrible, better windows or secondary glazing might help.
Stayed for a night
Straight forward value for money.
Ask them for a different post code if using Sat Nav - Thetford is one way heaven!