- Very Good
- 152 guest reviews
"The Old Waverley can be easily found on Princess street just a few minutes walk from Waverley train station. It has a lovely relaxed wee lou..."
"An excellent location (very close to the station) spacious and clean rooms plus accommodating and welcoming staff - would definitely recomme..."
"Traditional building, with traditional presentation and standards. Room a little dated. Shame about the stairs at the entrance, as I could n..."
"Noisy, if on the Princes Street-facing rooms, but for my puposes - a brief overnight stay - highly convenient: two minutes' walk from Waverl..."
"Excellent couldn't fault it, lovely staff clean room and a great time there...."
About the hotel
The Old Waverley is a landmark building located in the heart of Edinburgh's vibrant city centre. The Hotel is centrally located on the famous Princes Street, overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott monument and with views across to Edinburgh Castle. Of all the hotels in Edinburgh, the Old Waverley is one of the best located, with the Waverley train station, Edinburgh bus terminal and the sightseeing tours departure point just 2 minutes walk from the hotel.
Some of Edinburgh's finest shops are situated on Princes Street, such as Jenners. All the major attractions - Theatres, Museums, Art Galleries and Edinburgh Castle - are within easy distance The hotel offers excellent value for money and the highest standards of customer service. Many of the en-suite bedrooms offer spectacular views of Edinburgh Castle. Both Cranstons Restaurant and the Abbotsford Lounge Bar are light and airy with superb views over Princes Street Gardens and of Edinburgh Castle. Both offer excellent cuisine and service. The hotel reserves the right to pre authorise (or charge if using maestro card) the credit card used to guarantee the reservation 24 hours prior to arrival. THE OLD WAVERLEY HOTEL IS COMPLETELY NON SMOKING.
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Porter
- Mountain Bike Hire
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 02/08/2016 to 29/08/2025 - The hotel reserves the right to pre authorise (or charge if using maestro card) the credit card used to guarantee the reservation 24 hours prior to arrival. The hotel is non-smoking throughout The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
The Old Waverley can be easily found on Princess street just a few minutes walk from Waverley train station.
It has a lovely relaxed wee lounge/bar serving high teas. Breakfast buffet available and extras can be ordered. This stay I was with my teenage daughter so we had a small twin room, this was fine for our wee trip but we have stayed here before and experienced much larger rooms and their family rooms too are an excellent size. Rates for hotel are very reasonable for Edinburgh and hotel has everything close by for whatever your stay may be for.
A great hotel
An excellent location (very close to the station) spacious and clean rooms plus accommodating and welcoming staff - would definitely recommend and stay again!