- Very Good
- 66 guest reviews
"With stunning scenery and ideal location, this hotel is a little gem. The only downside is that you don't have easy access to your car due t..."
"This is a great hotel with very friendly staff who are happy to help. The location was perfect and even though parking is off site and at a..."
"We were fortunate to be upgraded on our arrival and the room was fantastic with the best views of the lake, plus wineand chocolates. We coul..."
"Fabulous location, right in the heart of bowness. Very accommodating allowing early arrival and late departure. Room and hotel spotless with..."
"I was stayed the hotel at 10 of this month for two days. The hotel lounge and view from lounge, breakfast room was wonderful. My wife book t..."
About the hotel
On the shores of England’s largest lake, the Old England occupies an unrivalled location on the shores of Lake Windermere with stunning views to the fells beyond. It is ideal for exploring the Lake District national park and its many attractions. Located in the heart of Bowness village, this elegant Victorian mansion is superbly furnished with fine antiques.
The hotel is ideal for access to the lake itself as well as its many unique shops and visitor attractions. Enjoy a drink in the Terrace bar and then dinner in the Rosette awarded Vinand restaurant, which provides panoramic views of the lake as well as fine cuisine. Attractive gardens lead down to our own jetties. The hotel provides the finest Spa facilities in the area, perfect for relaxing after a hard day exploring, or simply pamper yourself in the tranquil environment that is the spa, with a range of treatments to rejuvenate and awaken your senses. The Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is delighted to provide our guests with a full valet parking service, charged at £5 for a day visit (less than five hours) or £10 for an overnight stay. Pre-booking is advisable, particularly for weekend stays. A £400k investment in Boardrooms, Bar, Lounge and Public Areas is now complete.
Showing Monday 25 May 2015 to Tuesday 26 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/03/2011 to 31/12/2016 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The LateRooms.com rates for Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa in Bowness-on-Windermere are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
What a view!
With stunning scenery and ideal location, this hotel is a little gem.
The only downside is that you don't have easy access to your car due to it being parked by a valet. However, the hotel and location make up for it. I would recommend staying here for a short spa break as the facilities are outstanding and the staff very helpful. Eating breakfast overlooking Lake Windermere was an absolute luxury which we would definitely like to do again.
Friendly hotel with fabulous views and great facilities
This is a great hotel with very friendly staff who are happy to help.
The location was perfect and even though parking is off site and at a charge, I felt the hotel gave a quick and reliable valet service. The room we had was lovely-immaculately clean and with a super view of the lake. Our only disappointment was that we could not stay longer. Thank you macdonald old England for your warm hospitality and professional service.