- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"We have just stayed for two nights, we decided to eat in the first night.....big mistake!! The standard sausage and mash were 'off' and so I..."
"Situated in a small, quiet but very pleasant village, the Stag and Huntsman seemed very rural although only a few minutes out of Henley or M..."
"Stayed one night only on way back from a funeral. Stag & Huntsman was full of character, from the well equipped room with good sized bed, an..."
About the hotel
There are few villages in the United Kingdom that can lay claim to the natural beauty of Hambleden. Nestled into the Chiltern Hills, between Henley and Marlow and just up from the River Thames, Hambleden can only be described as quintessentially British. Benefitting from the care of the Culden Faw Estate and the protection of The National Trust, the village is one that time forgot, with few changes over the last century.
The Stag & Huntsman, lovingly restored by The Estate under the auspices of heritage architect, Ptolemy Dean, maintains the old world charm of a village pub. With a focus towards the local community - Hambleden and the local residents - the myriad of small and cosy drinking and eating spaces within the pub, the nine letting bedrooms and the pretty garden also provide a resting place and watering hole for those who travel further distances to the village. The recent works have maintained the old fashioned charm, while bringing greater comforts to those staying or coming to eat with us. The Public Bar maintains its ‘local’ charm with a wide and varied selection of local ales. The menu is one of pub favourites with a strong emphasis on local and Estate
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely room let down by the food.
We have just stayed for two nights, we decided to eat in the first night.....big mistake!.
The standard sausage and mash were 'off' and so I decided to have the rather expensive £12.95 cottage pie. It was served in what can only be described as a saucer and the seasonal veg were frozen peas as they ' had to improvise' as they had no veg!. Breakfast was fine although no fruit or yoghurt were on offer to try to make it a little more healthy. All in all we enjoyed our stay, but would not eat in again.
A pleasant place to stay
Situated in a small, quiet but very pleasant village, the Stag and Huntsman seemed very rural although only a few minutes out of Henley or Marlow.
Menu was limited but something for all tastes and food was well prepared and presented. Staff were all very friendly and helpful at all times. Parking in an adjacent public (free) car park although it was busy at certain times as was also used for a nearby sports field but this wasn't a problem. Very much enjoyed our stay and would return without hesitation.