- Very Good
- 12 guest reviews
"The hotel was very good and we would stay there again. However, the service at breakfast was unacceptably slow. We wanted to leave early and..."
"On arrival we found that a coach party had just arrived and the queue for check in stretched through the bar area and beyond, however we wer..."
"Stay was very enjoyable having to share facilities with a noisy weeding party was not acceptable...."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The room was small but clean and we'll maint..."
"Staff excellent, service, questions solved all 100%. Arrival and entering the hotel the important appearance and atmosphere immediate. Withi..."
About the hotel
This elegant Torquay hotel is situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Torquay on the English Riviera, sitting majestically on the headland looking out to sea. It is set in two acres of magnificent grounds and offers stunning views across Torbay with numerous coastal walks nearby. Comfortable lounges, a beautiful restaurant, nightly entertainment and a courtesy taxi are a few of the services which we offer all our guests.
Showing Saturday 10 October 2015 to Sunday 11 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Outdoor Pool , Sauna , Croquet , Sailing
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was very good and we would stay there again.
However, the service at breakfast was unacceptably slow. We wanted to leave early and arrived at breakfast at 8 am, when it opened. We were one of the first people to arrive. Even though the restaurant was not particularly busy, we waited a very long time to get served. We could only order tea/coffee and cereal to start with. When this arrived I asked the waiter if I could order the cooked breakfast and was told that I couldn't. The cooked breakfast finally arrived at 8.35 am. The breakfast was nice but the waiting of 35 minutes and the attitude of the waiter was poor.
On arrival we found that a coach party had just arrived and the queue for check in stretched through the bar area and beyond, however we were allowed to leave our luggage, whilst we had a drink, after a very long journey.
We were then found in order that we could be ticked off the list. The room was disappointing as it was in the basement and therefore no view of the beautiful surroundings. We were able to book a table for dinner, although the dining room closed at 8.30pm. The food was good with full table service at both dinner and breakfast. Bar service in the evening on Saturday and Sunday was not very good due to a wedding on Saturday which took over the whole of the main bar area and Sunday due to an incident in one of the rooms which had to be dealt with by the barman the only member of staff who appeared to be on duty. Luckily we had booked outside events for both these evenings.