Found the same room at a different price? Tell us, and we'll offer to match it.
|Not Classified||Self Catering||Ratings explained|
The Locker is right in the heart of the old village of Robin Hood's Bay, in a house that was around in the 1680's - and earlier.... unfortunately village records were destroyed in the English Civil War.
The main house was originally 2 fishermen's cottages and The Locker is on the ground floor facing the Bay Hotel. It was where fishing nets, crab and lobster pots were once stored and repaired.
The Locker is seconds from the beach and although there are no sea views, you can usually hear the sea when it's quiet. There are 3 pubs within a 10 minute round walk (excluding stopping time!) and a candlelit restaurant, cafes, gift shops, ice-cream and a snack take-away shop, fish and chip shop, second hand book shop - to name a few - all within a very short stroll…
WHAT IS THE LOCKER AND WHO DOES IT SUIT?
The Locker is a cosy, self-contained bedroom en-suite with some simple self catering facilities and a pretty garden. An ideal retreat for :-
• One or two adults who want a bolt hole right in the heart of the village and will mainly be eating out
• A perfect stop over at the end of the ‘Coast to Coast'! Single night stays Sunday to Thursday, apart from in the high season
• Providing an extra, private, self-contained bedroom en-suite if you have friends or family staying in Ocean View or another cottage in Robin Hood's Bay – and want your space…
• NOT suitable for really tall people! It's in an old property and anyone well over 6 feet tall will find the shower ceiling too low, Sorry!
WHY CHOOSE THE LOCKER?
- It's advantage is the position, being self-contained and having a little garden.
- If visitors are OK with the space, they find it quite a snug and romantic, handy hideaway for the beach, cliff walks and the local pubs and cafes.
- If you want space, arm chairs, settees and sea views it's not for you!
PRIVATE GARDEN: Outside there is a small, pretty garden, where you can sit and have a cuppa, a glass of wine, or whatever your tipple is... as you watch the world go by. It faces the Bay Hotel and looks over "The Dock" area. Brilliant for people watching! Or just reading a book…
SLEEPING: The bed is built in, like a cabin in a boat, 4ft 3in by 6ft 3in, with a deep comfortable mattress.
HEATING: There's a large towel radiator in the bedroom to warm the room and dry towels etc when the gas central heating is on and also an electric radiator.
SIMPLE SELF-CATERING: The Locker has a fridge, microwave, kettle, plates, glasses and cutlery for two people. Also, tea and coffee making facilities, stocked with ordinary and decaffeinated coffee, plus herbal and fruit teas and some UHT milk. And a bottle opener!
EATING IN: There is a fold down table and a couple of stools which also fold away and store under the bed.
STORAGE: Suitcases and bags can be stored in an alcove by the entrance, which also has a storage shelf and coat hooks. Space is at a premium so every nook and cranny is used!
SHOWER etc: The shower is a decent size at 800 by 1000 mm, however it would be low for someone well over 6 feet tall!
All towels, shower gel, shampoo etc are provided and a hair dryer.
FACILITIES: Flat screen TV and DVD player - plus some books and DVD's.
PARKING: Scarborough Borough Council pay and display car parks at the top of the hill
AVAILABILITY - Available all year
• Single night stays welcome from Sunday to Thursday, apart from in the High Season
• Discounts for more than 1 nights' stay midweek
• Minimum 2 nights' stay at the weekend
Sorry – no children, pets or smoking
WHAT SOME VISITORS HAVE SAID :-
“A tiny cosy place, has everything you need, ideal for two. Enjoyed it”
“Perfect for the two of us excellent and well appointed. Will recommend to others”
“Spot on, Log Cabin in the Bay? Who would have thought it!”
“Small but perfectly formed. Excellent location”
“ ‘Snug as a bug in a rug'. Well laid out. Enjoyed our stay”
“Great Den…. perfect for our first anniversary! Thanks”
“This was our second stay in the Locker and again had a fantastic stay! Lovely few days, thank you!”