- Very Good
- 31 guest reviews
"I generally enjoyed my stay at the Lifehouse, the customer service was extremely good, all the staff were friendly and helpful. The beauty t..."
"Food was excellent. Full of flavour recommend the sea bass..."
"I took my girlfriend away for a night at the life house and it was just perfect from start 2 finish a short walk from train station then we..."
"Spa resort set in beautiful surroundings, good leisure facilities on site. Pleasant room with Juliette balcony, bed comfy, daily cleaning of..."
"My daughter and I had an excellent stay. Staff were polite and attentive. We went to have a relaxing short break and that is what we got - i..."
About the hotel
For grownups only, this award winning relaxed hotel is located within 12 acres of English Heritage Gardens complete with 7 ponds, natural wildlife and walled rose gardens. Just 3 miles from the traditional seaside town of Frinton-on-Sea with its beautiful beach huts and sandy beaches. FREE onsite parking and FREE wifi are included.
THE ROOMS: furnished in a modern contemporary style with floor to ceiling windows and views over the gardens or surrounding countryside. Tea/coffee making facilities, multi-channel TV, bottled water, hairdryer and luxury toiletries are all provided. Superior rooms are larger and have garden views and outside seated patios. All rooms include access to the gym and spa facilities which has an 18. 5 meter pool, complimentary bathrobes and slippers are included. DINING: the main restaurant has a menu with many healthy (or not so healthy!) options. Alcoholic drinks are available in the bar & restaurant and the spa cafe specialises in nutritious smoothies and health drinks. As well as full dining there is the option of light bites and plenty of outside seating on the various terraces. SPA: 18. 5 metre swimming pool, salt inhalation room, sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy pool and comprehensive fitness gym are all included in your stay. TREATMENTS: with over 30 spa treatment rooms we partner with Clarins, Decleor and Ishga. Specialist treatments include hypnotherapy, physiotherapy, reflexology, shiatsu as well as nutritional and detox programmes. Guests can also opt for fitness, life coaching; nutrition, weight loss, stop smoking and holistic therapy sessions. To book treatments please call LateRooms. The atmosphere here is one of calm, spaciousness and tranquillity with a series of courtyards and glazed corridors that link the historic Thorpe Hall with the modern buildings. No need to pack to enjoy a stay at this casual and relaxed environment - you can wear a robe all day!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/04/2012 to 31/12/2023 - PLEASE NOTE THAT CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED. ONLY THOSE OVER 16 YEARS ARE PERMITTED AT THE HOTEL, DUE TO INSURANCE. SPA TREATMENTS REQUIRE PREBOOKING. PLEASE READ T&Cs AT WWW.LIFEHOUSE.CO.UK The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Great customer service but hotel is not up to scratch for price
I generally enjoyed my stay at the Lifehouse, the customer service was extremely good, all the staff were friendly and helpful.
The beauty treatments were excellent and the therapists highly professional. The food in the restaurant was really good and the hotel is surrounded by truly beautiful grounds. My issues with the hotel are regarding the place itself, and during my 4 night stay it became clear from talking to staff and my own observations that the hotel is currently in the process of being refurbished (I hope that's the reason) which did mar my stay a little as it is not cheap.
It was evident from the start with the reception area. It looked, as with many other areas of the hotel, like it needed 'warming up' and upgrading - stone floor with no rugs, halfhearted attempt at personalisation with products on show on shelves but generally it was not welcoming. The main desk was set at the back with 2 small desks further forward and on these I noticed the desk monitors had their wires hanging out which looked extremely unprofessional.
The receptionist was very nice but she didn't suggest that I leave my bag at reception while she gave me a quick tour, so I had to heft it about with me which wasn't fantastic as she showed me the spa wet area and pointed me in the direction of the restaurant, outside areas, gym etc. Though she was fairly attentive, I didn't feel particularly special as once she had showed me the lift to my floor, I was left to find my room.
The Room - My room was a contemporary double and was fairly basic with a french window that overlooked a public area. Unfortunately there were no net curtains which meant that there was no privacy unless I closed the main curtains or got changed in the bathroom. With regards to the rest of the room and en suite, the drawer in the bedside cabinet was broken, (which I reported but Maintenance didn't deal with it during my 4 night stay there); there was a nail varnish stain on the carpet, and the sealant round the shower tray was a bit grubby, though through wear and tear rather than lack of cleaning.
The Spa - I had read a few reviews of the Wet area and they were pretty accurate. It was a bit of a mess and not particularly welcoming. The pool was okay, quite small but the area around it was tired and grubby and in need of a refurb as was the bed area around the hot tub. An added unpleasantness was that after I had used the hot tub (just the once as a result) I had a really nasty smell on my skin which could only have been the result of being in the tub. It was in constant use and perhaps the hygiene element was not sufficient.
The Wet area is somewhere I wanted to use much more and I think the appearance and hygiene is obviously an integral part of the experience - I would urge the management to address the problems with it a.s.a.p.
On the whole I do think that my stay could have been better.
Spa area is poor needs a refit tiles missing in sauna, really busy in spa not relaxing
Very disappointed with the hotel staff very disorganised poor spa area more like a local swimming poor my daughter sliced her toe open on a cracked floor tile, blood was just left on the floor areas I had to tell staff perhaps they should clean it up.
Then. The spa manager told us they would not accept liability. We had to go home early but no one apologised..