- Very Good
- 58 guest reviews
"The anchor hotel doesn't look very inviting from the outside - the restaurant in the bar was ok (upstairs is decorated a bit better - possib..."
"I Loved it here. All the staff were friendly, helpful and informative! Food and drink were great, especially the full Scottish breakfast!..."
"Owner is a great guy, and was very accommodating. Room was very nicely decorated, clean, and comfortable! The restaurant food and staff were..."
"The Anchor Hotel really impressed from the moment we turned into the tiny village of Johnshaven huddled against a hill north of Montrose. Th..."
"Great little hotel. Excellent food. Great breakfast!..."
About the hotel
Situated in the picturesque old fishing village of Johnshaven with glorious views over the harbour. The Anchor hotel is a family run Hotel Built in the 18th century. The hotel has recently undergone refurbishment.
We have 4 en suite rooms and an intimate Seafood restaurant boasting fresh seafood prepared daily by Gary the chef owner. Fresh lobster straight from the harbour is a speciality. A modern style bar with pool table, Darts board, bar meals and free Wi-Fi.
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The anchor hotel doesn't look very inviting from the outside - the restaurant in the bar was ok (upstairs is decorated a bit better - possibly the only hotel in the area (not sure), but let me tell you it was amazing, the room was great has everything you want - the staff were really helpful and friendly which is always a bonus - but the food was better than excellent, we dined there in the evening and the fresh seafood was out of this world - expertly prepared/cooked to perfection - we will definitely be back.
even if you weren't staying the night I would recommend if you are in the area go and have dinner (book!!) The breakfast was superb as well - thank you to the staff at the anchor hotel we thoroughly enjoyed our stay
I Loved it here.
All the staff were friendly, helpful and informative. Food and drink were great, especially the full Scottish breakfast!