- Very Good
- 59 guest reviews
"staff very friendly, helpful and professional.the hotel is well placed for anybody travelling to swansea, it is alongside train station and..."
"Nice break away...."
"Was definitely value for money. The staff were very accommodating and allowed us to use the hotel fridge, due to our special diets. The room..."
"I have to say, the staff were so help full and when i rung to explain a booking error. They were very understanding and sorted the problem s..."
"Booked a double room but were given a free upgrade which was a lovely surprise. Could not fault the Hotel, but in rather a run down part of..."
About the hotel
The Grand Hotel, Swansea has been a landmark hotel since the 1930’s, largely due to its ideal location and unique design. In 2004 the hotel was subject to a complete refurbishment, and re-opened as one of Swansea leading independent hotels, offering 3* plus service and facilities. Our Facilities are complimented by a private residents lounge and private Breakfast service restaurant.
The hotel’s rooms all feature digital TV, power showers and air conditioning as standard. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. Food & Beverage: Our Hotel offers informal dining service in our ground floor Bistro Bar. Sports Bar: Our newly refurbished sports bar contains local and international sporting memorabilia; we also offer full and extensive live coverage of all sporting events. We stock an extensive range of international spirits and local brews. Area information: The hotel is located in the heart of Swansea, opposite the railway station. It allows easy access to a number of attractions, such as the Dylan Thomas Centre, National Waterfront Museum, Mumbles, and the Gower Peninsula. Travel information From the m4 westbound, junction 42, follow Fabian Way into the City Centre, and follow signs for Swansea Train Station. Hotel is adjacent to Swansea Train Station. The hotel offers 31 rooms, all with digital TV, power showers and air conditioning as standard. Our 4 executive rooms, and 2 Penthouses offer a range of Super King and Queen beds, private balconies and Jacuzzi baths, with the Penthouses boasting South Wales only roof top hot tubs. Please note that when paying cash a further deposit is payable at time of check in and photo ID will also be required. Please note that upon check-in the hotel will require a pre-authorization via card for the total price of the reservation plus GBP 60 per night for large rooms with balconies, the superior suite or the penthouse suite. In the event a credit card is not valid, a cash deposit and ID is required or they will not be able to process the booking. Check in for the Penthouse and Superior Suite is from 4:00PM. Children are not permitted on the executive floor due to balcony and mini bar access. Bookings of 5 rooms or more may have different cancellation/prepayment policy. The property will contact you directly to confirm.
Showing Friday 6 May 2016 to Saturday 7 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music
- Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 07/10/2014 to 31/12/2025 - Breakfast fee is £10 per person. Check in time for Penthouse and Superior Suite is from 4pm. Children not permitted on executive floor due to balcony and mini bar access. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
staff very friendly, helpful and professional.the hotel is well placed for anybody travelling to swansea, it is alongside train station and just a .
e few minutes walk to city centre. ...upon our departure we encountered travel problems and the proprietor of the hotel stepped in and helped get us to the ferry on time ,many thanks to him. we would recommend this hotel as a very nice place to stay .
The Grand Hotel Swansea
Nice break away.