- 18 guest reviews
"Welcoming owners, good food, comfortable bed - shame the TV in the bar kept freezing in the middle of the match...."
"Stayed for 3ngts with another couple. Great location for touring the east coast just 6mls from Perth. Owners Euan and Kirsten are very frien..."
"Comfortable and homely. Owner was very pleasant and helpful. Good food and overall excellent value for money. Had a great stay. Thanks...."
"Great service, very friendly. Very comfortable and clean. Good food..."
"A lovely place to stay. The room was very clean and the hosts Euan and Kirsten were perfect hosts and looked after us very well. We would re..."
About the hotel
The MacDonald Arms Hotel has been open since 1780 and is currently owned by husband & wife team Euan & Kirsten Smith. Having purchased the hotel in August 2007 they have been making improvements continually ever since. Great food is served all day everyday from 12 noon last orders 8PM.
Accommodation is available at very competitive rates and is used regularly by business clientèle, shooting, golfing & fishing parties. The bar & lounge are open every day for light snacks & refreshments.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Limited Hours Room Service, Interconnecting rooms available, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 12:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
MacDonald Arms Hotel
Welcoming owners, good food, comfortable bed - shame the TV in the bar kept freezing in the middle of the match.
Stayed for 3ngts with another couple.
Great location for touring the east coast just 6mls from Perth. Owners Euan and Kirsten are very friendly, the hotel is basic so if you're looking for luxury and comfort it's not for you, but it's clean, friendly and the food is great. We'd stay again if we were travelling that way but not in room 1, if I was staying longer I'd definitely re-arrange the furniture, the dressing table with mirror has no socket to plug in hairdryer etc unless you pull the dresser out to reach the plug hidden down behind it, the sockets are on the opposite side of room with the hospitality tray which I may add had a plentiful supply of everything you need to make a cuppa with lovely biscuits. The shower has quite a high step into it which can be difficult for anyone disabled.