- 12 guest reviews
"We had a three day break in Ceredigion and stayed at Gwesty'r Emlyn. On arrival we were greeted cordially by the receptionist, who offered t..."
"Second stay at this hotel and as before I cannot fault it in any way. Look forward to booking in again when taking other family over to visi..."
"Surprising good much better than the web site suggested..."
"An amazing hotel all the extras you used to find in hotels even flannels! I can't fault this hotel in any way...."
"A very pleasant Hotel with excellent facilities..."
About the hotel
Located in the market town of Newcastle Emlyn with stunning countryside and picturesque beaches nearby. The hotel offers a leisure suite for guest’s complimentary use of gym, sauna and spa pool as well as the popular Bwyty’r Bont Restaurant and bar. A complete refurbishment has transformed this 300 year old coaching inn to give you the best of both worlds with contemporary chic and traditional accents sitting side by side.
The staff are looking forward to welcoming guests and pride themselves in making your stay enjoyable and memorable whether you are visiting for a few days or are just calling in for lunch or an evening meal. The hotel were awarded "Best Hotel in Carmarthenshire 2011/12". Bedrooms have recently been refurbished to an impeccably high standard and are all individually decorated. Rooms comprise of single, double, twin, kingsize, family rooms and suites. All are en-suite with all the luxury you would expect,direct dial telephone, flat screen television, hair dryer and tea and coffee making facilities. Some rooms have sofa beds which can be used for children at an extra cost. The hotel is a listed building so we are restricted with modifications. For this reason, we currently have no lift, and one ground floor room which is only large enough for a disabled friendly double (not twin). Please phone the hotel if you need a disabled friendly room before booking. The beautifully decorated restaurant has a relaxed and sophisticated ambience with a modern yet comfortable theme, serving a lunchtime and bar menu with a good range of local dishes. Sunday lunch is served in Ty Nest and is known locally for its fantastic traditional carvery. The full menu is available Monday to Saturday from 18:00 to 21:00. There are two bars guests can relax in, the “back bar” is a cosy and casual area with large flat screen television and warming fire effect stove, perfect for those cold winter nights. The main bar is comfortable and inviting with elegant soft furnishings and soothing background music, ideal whilst enjoying a glass of wine. The hotels leisure facilities are located in the beautiful relaxed leisure wing, adjoining the conservatory where light healthy snacks are available. Facilities on offer to guest and include a gym with a good range of machines and free weights, a sauna and a spa pool. This area is perfect for a daytime informal gathering. There is a courtesy bus available to help customers with transport and also for golf breaks. Located along the stunning West Wales coastline where some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK can be found. As Newcastle Emlyn sits in the two counties of Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire and is a stone’s throw away from Pembrokeshire there is no shortage of things to do. From wonderful scenic walks for people of all fitness levels, fishing enthusiasts can enjoy a variety of fishing experiences, from coarse, sea or river fishing. There are ample opportunities for cycling enthusiasts whether it is a mountain adventure or road biking as well as 6 golf courses within a short drive. Also on offer are museums, art centres, botanical gardens, extreme sports, shopping, cinema, theatre and adventure parks.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Jacuzzi, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Gwesty'r Emlyn Hotel
We had a three day break in Ceredigion and stayed at Gwesty'r Emlyn.
On arrival we were greeted cordially by the receptionist, who offered to show us to our room. The room itself was spacious, comfortable and very well appointed (we understand that there has been a major refurbishment in recent years) The food was of good quality. All members of staff were friendly and helpful at all times. The various facilities (sauna etc.) were available, but we did not use them. Our stay at Gwesty'r Emlyn was thoroughly enjoyable, and we have no hesitation in recommending it.
As before highly recommended
Second stay at this hotel and as before I cannot fault it in any way.
Look forward to booking in again when taking other family over to visit my grandson.