- 2 guest reviews
"My sister and I stayed at the Goldenes Hotel for a long weekend in April, and we really enjoyed our stay. We found all the staff to be extre..."
"About 15 mins walk from the Old Town. Simple, not flash. Very good staff...."
About the hotel
Comfortable privately owned hotel in the centre of Salzburg. Enjoys a quiet position although in the centre of the town. Within easy reach on foot to all of the historic and interesting points of the city: e.
g. Mirabell Castle and gardens, theaters, churches and museums, congress house, central train station and of course not to be missed the famous old Town Centre with its historic buildings and monuments. Parking available on the street free of charge weekdays from 7pm to 9am, all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays, or in garage opposite to us 14 Euro per 24 Hours. Until 10. 30 complimentary buffet Breakfast is served. Rates include all taxes and Services. Children up to 12 years stay free when sharing existing beds in room with parent’s max 1 allowed Free wireless internet in all rooms and in the lobby free use of hotel computers too. We book your tours and provide free hotel pick-up.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Wonderful stay with great value for money!
My sister and I stayed at the Goldenes Hotel for a long weekend in April, and we really enjoyed our stay.
We found all the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful, and it’s very convenient that you can buy the Salzburg 24 hour card at reception. The hotel has great transport links, with numerous bus stops just a 5-10min walk away. The hotel is in a great location for visiting all the many wonderful sights of Salzburg, and is only a 10 minute walk from the Mirabell Gardens. The Old Town, which is the other side of the river, is about a pleasant 15-20 minute walk away. The Hotel is situated on a reasonably quiet road that runs straight down to the river and bridge. Towards the river end of the road there are numerous bars/pubs, restaurants, and shops, and it has a really friendly and vibrant feel.
Our hotel room was nicely decorated, clean and was nice to come back to after a long day of sightseeing. The only downside is that there is no kettle in the room, but there is a mini bar filled with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, which are surprisingly not badly priced. We found the fridge in the room very useful for cooling water bottles etc for the following day. Our room looked over a side street and we found it very quiet, even with the window open. A big bonus of this hotel is the breakfast, which is definitely the best breakfast I’ve experienced so far in a budget type Hotel like this one. Being British we were very pleased to find bacon, scrambled egg and a selection of tea bags. But there were also all the usual hams, cheeses, fruit, salad, cereal, yoghurt, and countless bread rolls. We particularly enjoyed the croissants and waffles, which we had with Nutella. Just a perfect way to start the day, and it filled us up right through until the afternoon. Overall, we had a great time, and would definitely consider staying here again WHEN we return to beautiful Salzburg.
fit for purpose
About 15 mins walk from the Old Town.
Simple, not flash. Very good staff.