- Very Good
- 9 guest reviews
"The Mortal Man is a pleasure to stay in, with warm reception, friendly staff and wonderful Lake District countryside to walk in. The tasty f..."
"Great old hotel food was very good .very nice rooms and a good choice of draft beer..."
"The Mortal Man has a wonderful location and friendly staff. The food is excellent, as is the beer, and the breakfast time view was perhaps t..."
"Lovely room with on suite. Great service. Dogs made welcome. Although at an extra charge of £5 per dog per night...."
"great hotel in a great location, staff friendly, food brilliant, especially breakfast, so much choice!!..."
About the hotel
Beneath the rugged fells of Troutbeck Valley, just outside Windermere and Ambleside in the English Lake District, lies The Mortal Man. An established traditional Lake District Inn since 1689, it resides over the wonderous panoramic views of Lakeland mountains that have captivated the great minds through the centuries. Today, under new ownership, the Mortal Man continues to inspire and charm its visitors.
Based in the heart of the Lake District it is the perfect base for Lakeland walks or to take a trip on Lake Windermere and wander the beautiful towns and villages close-by. Whether you are searching for Lake District Accommodation, traditional Lake District food or a Lake District beer, the Mortal Man has it all.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 08/04/2010 to 31/12/2019 - Since June 2009 The Mortal Man has been under new ownership. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Home from home
The Mortal Man is a pleasure to stay in, with warm reception, friendly staff and wonderful Lake District countryside to walk in.
The tasty food is cooked to order so is fresh and hot when it arrives.
Great old hotel food was very good .very nice rooms and a good choice of draft beer