- 111 guest reviews
"Great Hotel for nightlife & shops, receptionist was very nice and helpful, the rooms are basic but breakfast OK,, One complaint we all had w..."
"For the very reasonable price I paid for two night acommadation the services were fine - the staff very helpful - the room was basic but fin..."
"The room smelled like it had been freshly painted and could perhaps have done with airing for a day before being let out to customers! It wa..."
"Excellent location and the room was adequate, and good Value. The bed was really uncomfortable though! Good stay, terrible nights sleep. Roo..."
"The Mitre is very well situated - close to the trams, shops and cathedral and in easy walking distance to many other attractions. Victoria s..."
About the hotel
Built at the foot of Manchester Cathedral in 1815, the Mitre is one of the oldest hotels in Manchester city centre. It has a restaurant and a stylish bar with Sky Sports and pool room, and provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. .
Each room features a TV and free tea and coffee, with most also boasting lovely views of Manchester Cathedral, the Corn Exchange, Selfridges and Sinclairs Oyster Bar. Rooms are available both with a private bathroom and with shared bathroom facilities.
With its grand exterior, The Mitre Hotel has retained its period charm, but now boasts modern interior design in the bar and guest areas. The front desk is open 24/7.
Placed next to Victoria Rail Station, the Manchester Evening News Arena is 5 minutes’ walk away. The hotel is in the centre of Manchester’s vibrant night life, across the square from the Printworks, with the Arndale Shopping Centre just a 4-minutes walk away.
The hotel is ideally placed near Shudehill tram station, making journeys to both Old Trafford and The Etihad Stadium a formality for football fans. Located 10 miles from Manchester Airport.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , 24 Hour Reception , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 07/03/2012 to 15/10/2016 - FULL PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOUR CARD AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. PLEASE SEE OUR CANCELLATION POLICY BEFORE MAKING YOUR BOOKING.ROOMS WILL NOT BE RESERVED IF YOUR CREDIT / DEBIT CARD IS DECLINED. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
70% would recommend it to a friend
Great Location for Shops & pubs
Great Hotel for nightlife & shops, receptionist was very nice and helpful, the rooms are basic but breakfast OK,, One complaint we all had was although the water from the tap in the sink was hot, the shower was luke warm luckily the weather was warm..
Mitre stay in central Manchester
For the very reasonable price I paid for two night acommadation the services were fine - the staff very helpful - the room was basic but fine - what more do you expect for such a reasonable price!, & right in the centre of the city.
I highly recommend the Mitre Hotel - I came up for a wedding. I would be perfectly happy to stay here with my family in the future, thankyou Mitre hotel.