- 120 guest reviews
"Excellent location and the room was adequate, and good Value. The bed was really uncomfortable though! Good stay, terrible nights sleep. Roo..."
"The Mitre is very well situated - close to the trams, shops and cathedral and in easy walking distance to many other attractions. Victoria s..."
"Great location, lovely rooms, Bargain for the price, thoroughly enjoyed staying here...."
"Great hotel in central Manchester, everything within walking distance. Lively and fun area. Helpful staff. Incredible value for money, will..."
"Take your first steps in The Mitre and its a great place to be. Greeted by friendly staff. Walk upstairs however and you will find something..."
About the hotel
Built at the foot of Manchester Cathedral in 1815, the Mitre is one of the oldest hotels in Manchester city centre. It has a restaurant and a stylish bar with Sky Sports and pool room, and provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. .
Each room features a TV and free tea and coffee, with most also boasting lovely views of Manchester Cathedral, the Corn Exchange, Selfridges and Sinclairs Oyster Bar. Rooms are available both with a private bathroom and with shared bathroom facilities.
With its grand exterior, The Mitre Hotel has retained its period charm, but now boasts modern interior design in the bar and guest areas. The front desk is open 24/7.
Placed next to Victoria Rail Station, the Manchester Evening News Arena is 5 minutes’ walk away. The hotel is in the centre of Manchester’s vibrant night life, across the square from the Printworks, with the Arndale Shopping Centre just a 4-minutes walk away.
The hotel is ideally placed near Shudehill tram station, making journeys to both Old Trafford and The Etihad Stadium a formality for football fans. Located 10 miles from Manchester Airport.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 07/03/2012 to 15/10/2016 - FULL PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOUR CARD AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. PLEASE SEE OUR CANCELLATION POLICY BEFORE MAKING YOUR BOOKING.ROOMS WILL NOT BE RESERVED IF YOUR CREDIT / DEBIT CARD IS DECLINED. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent location and the room was adequate, and good Value.
The bed was really uncomfortable though. Good stay, terrible nights sleep. Room was opposite what seemed like the Manchester Lord Mayors choir and also a bottle bank!
A lovely friendly hotel
The Mitre is very well situated - close to the trams, shops and cathedral and in easy walking distance to many other attractions.
Victoria station is about 4 minutes' walk; Piccadilly about 10. The overall decor of the hotel is a bit on the shabby side, and my ensuite had certainly seen better days. But this really didn't matter to me because my bed was comfortable, all appliances worked, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.