- Very Good
- 70 guest reviews
"Set within stunning views the initial impression was good. Friendly staff met us at reception. The room was functional with out much flare...."
"We needed somewhere within the area to stay and were not disappointed, great location within area and service was lovely, room was spacious..."
"It would have been good to have an anti-slip mat in the bathroom, somewhere to put the soap when showering and a grab rail - even people in..."
"Great venue for both weddings and the casual visitor. A grand setting with lovely grounds and views. Plently of local walks both within the..."
"Excellent and Peaceful situation, convenient and yet secluded...."
About the hotel
Stay at Wortley Hall Bed & Breakfast and relax within 26 acres of formal garden and woodland. Within the grounds there is a small lake an abundance of wildlife and pleasant walks in a very peaceful environment. Free WiFi is available throughout the Hall.
Just a 5 minute drive from the M1 and 25 minutes from Sheffield city centre. The bar lounges provide a comfortable atmosphere for relaxing in the evenings. Food is available from 12 noon until 9. 00pm every day. Our popular Ruddy Duck Restaurant is open Tuesday to Saturday. Wortley Hall Ltd is a company in its own right, a member of the Co-operative Union and with the Registry of Friendly Societies. Established as an Education / Recreation Centre in 1951 and since that time has operated on co-operative principles. Any operating surplus is spent on the Hall either in maintenance or development. Wortley Hall offers B&B, Conferences, Weddings & Self Catering Cottage facilities.
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
Only Ensuite rooms listed as available on Laterooms; only on arriving found the venue graded rooms as premium and standard although our room was barely standard and definitely not 4 star quality and not as represented in the gallery images.
The room was small and very tired in its decor, e.g. lampshades were buckled and light bulbs mismatched, bed creaked, curtains bleached by sun, wallpaper marked, window frames covered with condensation molds, the television did not work and there was no bath only a shower. The common parts are very tired and often grubby. At breakfast the food that was available was adequate but not of exceptional quality and the range of cereals was limited with only tinned grapefruit and no yoghurts set out; again not representative of a "four star" establishment. Only staying one night and not in the hotel except to sleep so let things go but would have complained in other circumstances but did point out some defects on departure. Staff were generally friendly but lacked awareness of our stay arrangements asking for payment on departure although this had been settled in advance. At £97 a night most definitely not value for money.
Set within stunning views the initial impression was good.
Friendly staff met us at reception. The room was functional with out much flare. The bed was comfortable and the room warm enough.
We went for a drink at the bar, once again friendly staff but there was an underlying smell in the lounge, think it could have been the drains.
Overall a pleasant enough stay.