- 26 guest reviews
"I enjoyed my stay as I am rather a fan of "faded glory" hotels. Infinitely preferable to chains. Room was huge, with excellent large flat sc..."
"Pleasant hotel with nice and friendly staff...."
"The hotel is a fine building, given a grade 2 star listing, which means the interior is protected as well as the exterior. The reason is bec..."
"Stayed in room 265 for Friday and Saturday nights. Large room which was clean, very comfortable bed and situated at back of hotel, which I b..."
"You will get a large helping of old style luxury not often seen in these days of 21century bling. See for yourself. You will not be disappoi..."
About the hotel
Located in the historic town of Ashby de la Zouch, The Royal Hotel is a 19th-century Grade II listed building which retains its original charm and character. Overlooking beautifully landscaped gardens, it offers 34 well-appointed bedrooms, free WiFi, and complimentary parking and is within easy reach of the M1 motorway. Full English breakfast is served every morning in the Restaurant and guests can enjoy a drink each evening in the Bar.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Doctor on call , Porter , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Room was not clean crisp packet and chocolate wrapper on floor between beds.
No towels in room. One bed so bad could not be slept the other fine. Whole hotel dated and not clean. Gaffer tape holding the carpet together in several places. Would not return
Does the job
I enjoyed my stay as I am rather a fan of "faded glory" hotels.
Infinitely preferable to chains. Room was huge, with excellent large flat screen TV and very comfortable bed. Bathroom very 70s but plenty of hot water. Breakfast let down only by cheap ingredients, but plenty of cereal choice, fruit, yoghurts, toast, and usual range of cooked offerings (although all buffet style except drink).