- 41 guest reviews
"You will get a large helping of old style luxury not often seen in these days of 21century bling. See for yourself. You will not be disappoi..."
"Room 266 - Hot tap gets stuck and is a struggle to turn off. Shower heat control knob is faulty and requires a lot of jiggling about to oper..."
"Basic but clean room, decent breakfast. perfect for a quick stop..."
"This place has been run down but some rooms have been refurbished. They are on the second floor and there is no lift. But worth the trek as..."
"Staff are pleasant and friendly food's ok! Hotel's a little tired and worn...."
About the hotel
Located in the historic town of Ashby de la Zouch, The Royal Hotel is a 19th-century Grade II listed building which retains its original charm and character. Overlooking beautifully landscaped gardens, it offers 34 well-appointed bedrooms, free WiFi, and complimentary parking and is within easy reach of the M1 motorway. Full English breakfast is served every morning in the Restaurant and guests can enjoy a drink each evening in the Bar.
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
61% would recommend it to a friend
You will get a large helping of old style luxury not often seen in these days of 21century bling.
See for yourself. You will not be disappointed.
the royal hotel
Nice outside old building lots of character sadly once inside the building that changed drastically – was originally booked for 3 nights after 5 minutes entering the room if I could have found an alternative I would have booked out right away.
The front of house manager was immediately on the defence – suggesting that the hotel was use to such complaints, the room was very dated, paper peeling off, a smell coming from the bathroom and the bed was positioned next to a shelf one side and a light hanging from the wall on the opposite, either way you turned you would bag your head. Service was OK breakfast wasn’t so bad, shame the TV belonged in the dark ages and the wifi was abysmal