- 28 guest reviews
"I enjoyed my stay as I am rather a fan of "faded glory" hotels. Infinitely preferable to chains. Room was huge, with excellent large flat sc..."
"Pleasant hotel with nice and friendly staff...."
"The hotel is a fine building, given a grade 2 star listing, which means the interior is protected as well as the exterior. The reason is bec..."
"Stayed in room 265 for Friday and Saturday nights. Large room which was clean, very comfortable bed and situated at back of hotel, which I b..."
"You will get a large helping of old style luxury not often seen in these days of 21century bling. See for yourself. You will not be disappoi..."
About the hotel
Located in the historic town of Ashby de la Zouch, The Royal Hotel is a 19th-century Grade II listed building which retains its original charm and character. Overlooking beautifully landscaped gardens, it offers 34 well-appointed bedrooms, free WiFi, and complimentary parking and is within easy reach of the M1 motorway. Full English breakfast is served every morning in the Restaurant and guests can enjoy a drink each evening in the Bar.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
54% would recommend it to a friend
Does the job
I enjoyed my stay as I am rather a fan of "faded glory" hotels.
Infinitely preferable to chains. Room was huge, with excellent large flat screen TV and very comfortable bed. Bathroom very 70s but plenty of hot water. Breakfast let down only by cheap ingredients, but plenty of cereal choice, fruit, yoghurts, toast, and usual range of cooked offerings (although all buffet style except drink).
Bedroom had been refurbished and was clean.
The shower door could not move and the toilet roll on opposite wall to toilet would be better re-sited. Having said that the room was comfortable but 2 flights of stairs and no lift is hard work when carrying cases. Receptionist very friendly and obliging. Breakfast was ghastly with clingfilm covering dishes that are displayed on a filthy heated trolley. You could hear staff talking & laughing presumably in the kitchen about complaints made by customers. The building needs extensive refurbishment and will cost millions but while it is still open then it could be tarted up for the benefit of customers just scrubbing the entrance steps would help.