- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"The bathroom was a little 'jaded' - crack across the back of the toilet and broken tiles. The fact that the room wasn't cleaned until 4-4.30..."
"I love the Connacht Hotel....I like the anonymity of the place.Very spacious rooms, lobby,bar and dining room. The staff are simply wonderfu..."
"A lovely hotel in a great location..."
"The hotel needs a refurbishment. Breakfast not good...."
"Very welcoming, clean and tidy. All staff very friendly Only issues were, having to ask for tea and coffe at breakfast. When it came, the co..."
About the hotel
The Connacht Hotel is a popular Galway hotel, located on the main Dublin road as you enter Galway City Centre. The hotel has a great advantage of extensive free parking and a regular bus route close by with direct access to the city centre. A choice of accommodation ensures that there is something to suit everyone.
Recently refurbished guest bedrooms are comfortably designed with all amenities available. Double, Twin, Triple, Family rooms and Suites and a range of apartments give the customer a great choice of accommodation. A large hotel bar & cocktail lounge offers a bright and spacious area that is perfect for midmorning tea & scones, lunch & evening dining. The cocktail bar enhances the holiday spirit in the hotel with regular evening live music and a range of wonderful cocktails from the in house mixologist. Ruebens restaurant provides a relaxed, casual dining experience. Friendly Fellows Kids Club is on site at weekends and school holidays and is a popular attraction for the younger guests from 3 – 15 years. Located off the spacious hotel foyer is a selection of meeting rooms, equipped with all required amenities to ensure a productive outcome. Wifi is provided throughout the hotel, and is easily accessed and unlimited. Active 24 Leisure & Fitness offers a wide range of activities for visitors, 20m indoor pool & kids pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, two work out studios and extensive gym & changing facilities. The gym is open 24 hours a day for members & guests to avail of.
Showing Tuesday 7 July 2015 to Wednesday 8 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:30 hours
- Until 11:30 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Connacht Hotel in Galway are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Room Quality/Cleaning Service
The bathroom was a little 'jaded' - crack across the back of the toilet and broken tiles.
The fact that the room wasn't cleaned until 4-4.30pm was inconvenient as this is the the time that we were returning to the room after the outing of the day. This was an issue and cleaning was rejected twice during our stay. The main cause of complaint was the badly fitting window. Whilst it was appreciated that it was extremely windy the 'banging' window was not fixed until our last night - and then with a piece of corrugated cardboard. This is not acceptable. Whilst smoking is considered by some to be unacceptable, the facilities offered to those who do smoke were inadequate and uncomfortable
Will not return
The room had not been cleaned properly (there was a filthy towel hanging up) and the window glass was cracked which caused a cold draft throughout the night.
There was also several hen and stag parties staying in the hotel which meant it was never quiet and there was a particularly noisy "security" door being slammed all night.