- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"Architecturally this is a magnificent building. Built in the early 20th century as offices for various shipping companies, it makes glorious..."
"Fabulous hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed our stay. Location perfect..."
"Third time at this hotel this year! Is absolutely our special place Great service and fabulous value for money this last trip has been the m..."
"Amazing hotel at excellent location! Free mini bar was awesome! Very central located. Wellness centre was a fantastic added bonus. Definitel..."
"The Standard of the room and size were impressive. We could of stayed in just the room all evening, it was so comfortable and had all the am..."
About the hotel
A world of luxury and art come together at this unique hotel, where complimentary luxuries such as entrance to the wellness centre, wireless internet through optic fibre and a stocked minibar await you. Created within the stunning shipping house, this luxury 5-star hotel is the masterpiece of the Amsterdam School - the Dutch interpretation of the international art nouveau movement. The décor of this hotel reflects nothing less than extravagance and the comfort provided truly is top-notch.
Your enjoyment and satisfaction are of utmost importance to the professional staff and the hospitality and facilities provided by Amrâth ensure that you experience nothing less. Located in the historic heart of Amsterdam, just 500 metres away from Central Station, all of the main attractions can be easily reached on foot or by public transport.
Showing Sunday 5 July 2015 to Monday 6 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] Foreign (European)
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 27/03/2012 to 31/12/2014 - The additional charge for the extra bed (not included in the room rate) is 50 euro for a child (4-11 years) or 75 euro for an adult per night. All room rates are excluding 5,5% city tax. The LateRooms.com rates for Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam in Amsterdam are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Architecturally this is a magnificent building.
Built in the early 20th century as offices for various shipping companies, it makes glorious use of leaded, decorated glass, marble and wood panelling. It must have been a truly magnificent place to work.
Unfortunately, despite Amroth's best efforts to turn it into a hotel it still carries the austerity of the time in its halls and rooms. We were lucky enough to stay in a suite which had nice views across on of the canals. These were huge, high ceilinged rooms, the sitting-room was a wood-panelled one time office, still containing the secretary's desk with its ink stained drawers, very austere. In all of the four nights that we spent in the hotel we never managed to heat this room, or make it feel in the least welcoming.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and (like almost everyone in Holland) spoke excellent English. The restaurant is well worth a visit, producing excellent Nouvelle Cuisine dishes to a very high standard....Delicious!. (just don't go before a show or other appointment, unless you leave LOTS of time as they are very slow!). Yes, I would recommend the place but not for any more than one night. That's long enough for you to savour the experience, and it is certainly not one to miss.
Staff are very friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed our stay. Location perfect