- Very Good
- 56 guest reviews
"Stayed one night whilst on business in the area. Good food in the bar, small but decent pool with sauna and spa. Room was spacious and very..."
"Food was very good, Staff helpful and friendly great value for money. Have recommended to friends and colleagues...."
"Excellent value for money. Full use of the Gym pool Jacuzzi & Sauna. Had an evening meal very good quaulity & quick service...."
"Lovely hotel, friendly and helpful staff, very clean and a great room, shower was fantastic. Loved the pool and steam room...."
"Took my partner as a surprise for his birthday, he loved it... Surrounding where lovely, great pool, food exultant.. Would recommend going t..."
About the hotel
Wensum Valley Hotel Golf and Country Club is a friendly family run hotel that enjoys breathtaking scenery and tranquility and yet is within minutes of Norwich's bustling city centre. Golfing breaks for groups are a speciality. Set in 350 acres of the beautiful Wensum Valley the two golf courses offer a variety of challenges to practiced and more casual golfers alike.
This is the ideal setting to enjoy a Break in Norfolk at any time of year. The two mile stretch of the River Wensum flows across the Norfolk Countryside and boasts a diversity of fresh water fish including barbell, chub, brown trout, dace, pike and perch. We also have well-stocked and maintained pools up to 12 feet deep and wardens who are pleased to offer advice to novices on technique and current fishing status. Even if you do not like fishing the valley offers enjoyable family walks with beautiful views and so close to the beautiful and historic Norfolk City of Norwich. Ideal for family breaks with many tourist attractions nearby. For those wishing to have a very special weekend break to play golf, fish or just chill out this East Anglian venue is the ideal introduction to Norfolk. A few minutes from Norwich Airport the hotel is Close to the famous Norfolk Broads and ideal for tourists from the Euro zone and the Scandinavia as well as the rest of the UK. Come and enjoy a special Norfolk Break.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Bowls , Snooker/Billiards , Fishing , Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
Wensum Valley Overnighter
Stayed one night whilst on business in the area.
Good food in the bar, small but decent pool with sauna and spa. Room was spacious and very clean, TV was wall mounted and but very small, good bathroom and excellent shower. Selection of juices, cereal etc and a cooked-to-order hot breakfast was good. Overall very good value for money for midweek, overnight business stay
Hotel is well situated, has 2 golf courses and on the face of it quite attractive venue.
However, the walls in my room 28, were particularly thin. Verbal conversations, I phone charging and kettle can be heard as if you are in the adjoining room. As a heavy sleeper, I was staggered at the noise late into the evening and again in the early morning. Having travelled for over 40 years, stayed in many grand and modest accommodation, this ranked as an all time low. "White van man" clientele was evident on the car park and prevalent throughout the bar areas. There were issues with my room that were not addressed by management and a disappointing experience. its hard to find any redeeming features on this hotel. I did not use the leisure club, the golf pro was very helpful as were general staff. Sadly the quality of a basic room was lacking. I stayed for 6 nights, checked out a day early due to inefficiencies.