- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"I booked through LateRooms for emergency overnight accommodation and ended up having to stay 2 nights -luckily for me I was allocated one of..."
"This is a wonderful hotel. Right opposite De Bijendorf store a few steps from Dam Square. The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean a..."
"Fantastic break for my 40th hotel made our trip . Definitely be back..."
About the hotel
Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw is located on Damrak, just off Dam Square in the heart of Amsterdam. The hotel opened in 1911 and is today one of the few remaining privately-owned hotels in the city. The newly renovated rooms feature individually controlled climate control, double glazed windows, flat screen TV, free WiFi and wired internet, safe and tea & coffee making facilities (espresso makers in Superior Rooms and Suites).
The Restaurant De Roode Leeuw dates back to 1911 and enjoys an outstanding reputation, renowned for its Dutch regional specialties. With its dark paneling, Art Deco features and wooden carvings, it is considered to be an Amsterdam landmark.
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , Radio
- Porter , Lift to all floors
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/09/2015 to 30/09/2020 - Please note that the city tax (5% of total accommodation cost) is payable locally at the hotel. The LateRooms.com rate for Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw in Amsterdam is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 5.00% of your total accommodation price and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Great, centrally located hotel with friendly staff
I booked through LateRooms for emergency overnight accommodation and ended up having to stay 2 nights -luckily for me I was allocated one of the nicer rooms which my stay much more pleasant than the situation might have warranted.
Plus the staff were lovely and helpful and friendly.
Dam good central hotel in Amsterdam
This is a wonderful hotel.
Right opposite De Bijendorf store a few steps from Dam Square. The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. No complaints at all. We didn't have any food but the restaurant seemed busy all the time. Definitely would book again. Denise