- Very Good
- 2 guest reviews
"GOOD POINTS - The hotel and gardens are beautiful, and the owners couldn't make you feel anymore welcome, and we had an amazing breakfast! N..."
"Old-fashioned, great service, very quiet - perfect for a peaceful retreat in elegant, but comfortable surroundings. Family-run, personal ser..."
About the hotel
A superb luxury bed and breakfast perfectly located overlooking Lake Windermere in the heart of the English Lake District. The ideal hideaway for those wanting to relax and get away, but at the same time enjoy the convenience of being a few minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of Bowness. There are 14 individually designed bedrooms each with its own modern, airy bathroom.
All have crisp Egyptian cotton bed linen, deluxe fluffy towels, White company bathroom ameneties, sherry decanters in the room on arrival, Dab radio / Bluetooth, flat screen television and free wifi. Many have superb lake views. All have tea / coffee trays and the Master rooms have Nespresso coffee machines. Start the day with a delicious breakfast served in our sunny dining room, overlooking 7 acres of beautiful gardens and the stunning Coniston mountain range. We offer complimentary tea and scones on arrival and now have a range of platters available to pre order in the evenings. We have two cosy lounges with log fires in winter, and a new fully licensed residents bar. We also offer free Spa access to a local leisure facility in Bowness. We provide a friendly and relaxing place for you to stay where we hope to make your well earned break a special one.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Pitch n' Putt , Croquet , Bowls , Fishing , [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Beautiful Hotel and Gardens
GOOD POINTS - The hotel and gardens are beautiful, and the owners couldn't make you feel anymore welcome, and we had an amazing breakfast.
NOT AS GOOD - Our room Ennerdale, whilst being a good size and pleasantly decorated the shower let this room down with very little power and taking time to hear up. When I go away and pay £190 per night I'd like a power shower with instantly hot water. I don't know if We would return again as we don't know if all the showers are like Ennerdales, but if it hadn't of been for the downfall of the shower, we would definitely of liked to stay again.
Genteel elegance, very quiet
Old-fashioned, great service, very quiet - perfect for a peaceful retreat in elegant, but comfortable surroundings.
Family-run, personal service, nothing was too much trouble - afternoon tea is truly wonderful - silver teapots, home-made cakes and biscuits, crystal glasses. Rooms were comfortable, spotlessly clean and were decorated beautifully. Set in beautiful gardens above Windermere. No bar - drinks were brought to you in the lounge on request - but I believe this is due to be rectified - would have been great to sit in the bar, rather than have drinks brought to you. The restaurant was elegant with great service, but I believe they are discontinuing this in the New Year - a shame. The food was a high standard, fine-dining-type of fare with a decent wine list and a large choice of whisky. Not suitable for those wanting a lively time, but for a peaceful, elegantly comfortable break in beautiful surroundings - highly recommended.