- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"This hotel absolutely did the job for our stay. I booked it with 50% discount, including breakfast. If I had paid full price i might have ex..."
"From the first greeting at the door to check out we were made to feel special. Every member of staff was polite and efficient. The rooms wer..."
"Just stayed one night and left wishing we had been staying longer. Hotel location excellent, close to everything in Barcelona. Metro station..."
"Good location and comfortable room. Excellent customer service throughout the stay from all members of staff. There was a broken glass under..."
"Good location for visiting the city. Breakfast poor...."
About the hotel
The Barcelona Universal Hotel is very close to Las Ramblas, the Fira de Barcelona, the Gothic Quarter and the Old Port. Although there is no need to take the underground to go to the centre, as you can get there on foot, there is an underground stop just in front of the hotel that will bring you to any part of the city. There is a touristic bus stop near the Hotel.
Also, bus number 24, which goes straight to Park Guell (Gaudi's Park), stops in front of the Hotel. The Barcelona Universal Hotel has 167 modern rooms and 3 suites with private terrace and Jacuzzi. We also offer 4 fully-equipped conference rooms and a floor with rooms that can be used as personal offices, private parking and a Business Centre with free internet access (broadband and wireless). The Hotel offers WIFI free of charge in all areas and rooms. Also in the rooms exists the possibility of using broadband internet connection free of charge. The hotel also boasts a gym, an outdoor pool, and a solarium that offers extraordinary views of Barcelona. Discover the unforgettable Rambla, or go for a stroll along Port Vell, through the Gothic Neighbourhood and explore the Liceu Opera House, the Catalan Music Palace, the Cathedral, the Magic Fountains of Montjuic, the Caixa Forum, the Grec Theater, the Poble Espanyol, the Mies van der Rohe Pavilion or the Olympic Stadium. Also nearby are the World Trade Centre, the Fira de Barcelona and the Palau de Congressos, key spots for business activities in the city.
Showing Sunday 5 July 2015 to Monday 6 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre
- Gymnasium, Outdoor Pool, Solarium
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Foreign (European), Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 30/08/2012 to 31/12/2013 - Free WIFI in all areas of the hotel and all rooms. City tax only for stays from 1st November 2012 on. City tax to be paid maximum 7 nights/person/stay. Clients under 16 are exempt of paying city tax The LateRooms.com rates for Hotel Barcelona Universal in Barcelona are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Quite basic but functional rooms.
No plug socket by mirror ( only one in room) so had to straighten my hair blind!. Very thin walls so could hear other guests using the bathroom. Breakfast not worth 15 euros. Very tired looking cooked breakfast and dried up fruit.
Clean and Friendly
This hotel absolutely did the job for our stay.
I booked it with 50% discount, including breakfast. If I had paid full price i might have expected more - our room overlooked an odd internal courtyard, so all we could see was other rooms, and it was very noisy - seemingly from the metro running under the hotel as well as in the corridors. As we were out most of the time this wasn't worth our while complaining about, and we both got very good sleep despite this.
The room itself was fine - clean and in good order - with an excellent shower. Breakfast was great - hot and cold food with a good range, fresh coffee and juices. Hotel is in a great location, just 5 minutes to Las Rambla, 10 to the Gothic Quarter. We didn't use the metro, because everything was within a nice walking distance. We had intended to use the pool, but didn't even go up there in the end, as we found so much else to do in the city.