- Very Good
- 33 guest reviews
"This hotel is being up graded. The new room which we eventually settled in are fine though work needs to be done on the TV and showers. The..."
"Lovely riverside location, convenient for Reading and Henley. Customer service friendly and attentive. Hotel being refurbished (pre-advised..."
"A nicely refurbished hotel which was still undergoing work during our stay. The staff we came in contact with we're polite and helpful. The..."
"The room was comfortable and clean, however every noise from the room above could be heard and there were a few niggles about maintenance: T..."
"Very good service. room was a bit dated but it was in a very old house! Very warm and comfortable...."
About the hotel
Situated on the riverbank in the picturesque conservation village of Sonning-on-Thames with 50 bedrooms, Regatta restaurant overlooking the gardens and river Thames, conference facilities and private function hire. The Ferryman's Suite is also licensed for civil marriages. The Great House offers something for everyone whatever the occasion.
Located midway between Reading and Henley with easy access to A4 and M4 - approx. 1 hour from London and 45 minutes from Heathrow Airport.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
76% would recommend it to a friend
It will be nice when it's finished!
This hotel is being up graded.
The new room which we eventually settled in are fine though work needs to be done on the TV and showers. The restaurant is close for refurbishment so breakfast was toast and cold croissant not ideal but adequate. However the price we paid reflected all this and the location is stunning. We will look to go back next year when the work is finished.
Comfortable night's stay
Lovely riverside location, convenient for Reading and Henley.
Customer service friendly and attentive. Hotel being refurbished (pre-advised - complete in July) so restaurant providing restricted service. No problem: provided an excellent continental breakfast (cereal, croissant, toast/jam, fresh fruit, juice, tea/coffee), waiter-served in riverside restaurant. Bedroom newly refurbished: clean, comfortable and modern. Free wi-fi fast and easy to use. Mobile signal variable due to valley location. Would rate food higher if restaurant were open throughout day/evening, but factored into competitive room-tariff.