- Very Good
- 50 guest reviews
"Better quality veggie sausages would be nice. Although the hotel and staff were lovely, it is very unsuitable for disabled people. I am very..."
"We had a lovely relaxing break at the Monkbar. The room was perfect, the shower excellent and the bar is the perfect place to relax. There i..."
"The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The children were on a sofa bed that was a bit lumpy due to the frame so we asked for an extra..."
"Thank you for an enjoyable short stay. Really impressed with the comfy beds. Staff were very friendly...."
"Very polite staff restaurant service top marks...."
About the hotel
The Best Western Monkbar Hotel is located in the heart of York, just a 5-minute walk from York Minster. Having recently completed a £3m refurbishment each bedroom is beautifully designed, some overlook the Yorkshire walled garden while others look out over the historic City Walls. Each bedroom offers free high speed internet access, desk, TV, in-room safe, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities.
The Monkbar hotel has a stunning new restaurant and bar called The Yorkshire bar and grill. Celebrating all things Yorkshire the bar offers comfy areas with armchairs and booths making it the perfect place to relax. Enjoy a hearty Yorkshire breakfast, take your pick from modern tapas-style dishes made with the best of Yorkshire produce or be swept away with an incredible a la carte menu.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/05/2014 to 31/12/2018 - No hotel parking for guests. Off site parking 2 minutes from hotel, £12 for 26 hours from 8am on the day of arrival until 10am the next morning. Permits must be collected from the hotel reception. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
BEST WESTERN Monkbar Hotel
Better quality veggie sausages would be nice.
Although the hotel and staff were lovely, it is very unsuitable for disabled people. I am very independent person, and the nature of this venue rendered me totally dependent upon my husband. If I were to stay another time I would ask for a more conveniently placed room. The route to our room was along too many corridors, too many flights and half flights of stairs, corners and glass doors to negotiated. A nightmare for a blind person.
Great location, fantastic gin bar
We had a lovely relaxing break at the Monkbar.
The room was perfect, the shower excellent and the bar is the perfect place to relax. There is a great selection of gins and their Gin Saturday special offer is a bargain.