- Very Good
- 42 guest reviews
"We stayed in the monk bar hotel for two nights, on arrival we were impressed, the reception area was clean and fresh and the staff were happ..."
"We stayed on the 3rd floor for 2 nights lovely big rooms with all amenities lovely and clean. very close to the main centre car parking is j..."
"Hotel was lovely. Great room, great facilities and just across the road from city centre. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute...."
"A well run hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. a quiet but central hotel, perfect for visiting York...."
About the hotel
The Best Western Monkbar Hotel is located in the heart of York, just a 5-minute walk from York Minster. Having recently completed a £3m refurbishment each bedroom is beautifully designed, some overlook the Yorkshire walled garden while others look out over the historic City Walls. Each bedroom offers free high speed internet access, desk, TV, in-room safe, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities.
The Monkbar hotel has a stunning new restaurant and bar called The Yorkshire bar and grill. Celebrating all things Yorkshire the bar offers comfy areas with armchairs and booths making it the perfect place to relax. Enjoy a hearty Yorkshire breakfast, take your pick from modern tapas-style dishes made with the best of Yorkshire produce or be swept away with an incredible a la carte menu.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- 01/05/2014 to 31/12/2018 - No hotel parking for guests. Off site parking 2 minutes from hotel, £12 for 26 hours from 8am on the day of arrival until 10am the next morning. Permits must be collected from the hotel reception. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
BEST WESTERN Monkbar Hotel
We stayed in the monk bar hotel for two nights, on arrival we were impressed, the reception area was clean and fresh and the staff were happy to help.
On entering our room we were not disappointed, it was welcoming well presented and fairly clean. One thing that surprised us was how warm the room was although the heating wasn't on. The room was equipped with all the usual bits and bobs. The only thing we could comment on was that the room was not cleaned brilliantly for our second day, however we would stay there again with out a doubt. We had a great weekend in York!