- Very Good
- 246 guest reviews
"From the very start Paul was the perfect host! I had questions about the rail system, he promptly provided the information, this made our c..."
"Hotel central for shopping, room spacious and comfortable, staff friendly, the breakfast was lovely plenty to choose from, would stay here a..."
"Beautiful hotel, lovely staffand bed comfy. Was generally happy all round. Breakfast was amazing came and stayed for our honeymoon definitel..."
"Staff were pleasant and helpful. Good breakfast though Fred eggs were hard. Great location for central station. We were in a front room so t..."
"Had a fantastic stay here, was through with partner for a concert and we both enjoyed the experienced. Spacious clean room, great breakfast..."
About the hotel
**Free Wifi in all rooms** The Alexander Thomson Hotel is historic Victorian era building which forms the Architectural landscape of the city. The Hotel has very high ceilings and windows from that era and every effort is put in to retain as much originality as possible. Located in the heart of the City Centre and close to Central Station.
Most of our rooms are large with large Bathrooms also. The Rooms are recently refurbished and have all the necessary amenities required by a business traveler or leisure guest. Complimentary tea/coffee and mineral water, direct dial telephone, Flat Screen TV's with digital freeview channels, Iron & Ironing Board & hairdryers etc ensure a very comfortable stay. Traditional Scottish Breakfast is included in the price and there is a Bar which opens till the "wee hours" of the morning for Hotel Guests. There is also a quiet lounge for people to sit and relax which also has free wifi access for residents only. Come and enjoy the beautiful city and our warm and friendly service.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
From the very start Paul was the perfect host.
I had questions about the rail system, he promptly provided the information, this made our choices of activities that much clearer. The family room was large enough for us and our adult daughter with one bed to spare. It is fully equipped to hang out on a rainy evening, as we did last night. Breakfast basics are laid out, and you have the option to add a hot entree. Over our two night stay we tried 4 of them, and can say they were some of the best breakfasts we have had on out vacation. The eggs were cooked perfectly.
All in all it was more then we expected and couldn't be more pleased.
Room in need of an upgrade chipped bath different coloured bathroom suite dirty smell in the room and the cooked breakfast was disgusting