- Very Good
- 226 guest reviews
"Located very well for the city centre, the inside of the building is a lot more inviting than the external appearance. The room was a typica..."
"Good room, bed was comfortable and the shower was nice! Good selection for the breakfast, would recommend staying here again as it's so clos..."
"From the very start Paul was the perfect host! I had questions about the rail system, he promptly provided the information, this made our c..."
"Hotel central for shopping, room spacious and comfortable, staff friendly, the breakfast was lovely plenty to choose from, would stay here a..."
"Beautiful hotel, lovely staffand bed comfy. Was generally happy all round. Breakfast was amazing came and stayed for our honeymoon definitel..."
About the hotel
**Free Wifi in all rooms** The Alexander Thomson Hotel is historic Victorian era building which forms the Architectural landscape of the city. The Hotel has very high ceilings and windows from that era and every effort is put in to retain as much originality as possible. Located in the heart of the City Centre and close to Central Station.
Most of our rooms are large with large Bathrooms also. The Rooms are recently refurbished and have all the necessary amenities required by a business traveler or leisure guest. Complimentary tea/coffee and mineral water, direct dial telephone, Flat Screen TV's with digital freeview channels, Iron & Ironing Board & hairdryers etc ensure a very comfortable stay. Traditional Scottish Breakfast is included in the price and there is a Bar which opens till the "wee hours" of the morning for Hotel Guests. There is also a quiet lounge for people to sit and relax which also has free wifi access for residents only. Come and enjoy the beautiful city and our warm and friendly service.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Located very well for the city centre, the inside of the building is a lot more inviting than the external appearance.
The room was a typical size, the bathroom was a little different. The toilet was a little over 2 feet off the floor, which made things a little difficult for my wife, who is only 5ft 2inches. When she had to use it her legs dangled over the side, like a toddler on a grown up toilet. The shower was set 4 inches above the floor, which left a large step to negotiate getting in and out. The dinning and bar facilities were good and the breakfast was excellent, self service buffet , plenty of it and good quality.
Spacious room, tasty breakfast
Good room, bed was comfortable and the shower was nice.
Good selection for the breakfast, would recommend staying here again as it's so close to the station.