- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel booked at last minute due to being let down by another hotel in the area. Rooms very big with everything needed for a pleasant..."
"Lovely comfortable room, beautiful grounds and scenery and relaxing pool area which was open until 10pm. All staff were friendly and helpful..."
"It's hard to fault anything during our stay really. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Hotel in beautiful location, rooms lovely and clean. Breakfast..."
"A historic property set in woodlands, Spa and a championship golf course so plenty to do and explore. Stayed one night over Valentines weeke..."
"Clean, spacious room and we were given a free upgrade on arrival which was a nice bonus. Good breakfasts, freshly cooked to order and they w..."
About the hotel
The ultimate in luxury awaits you in the heart of Cheshire at the 4 star Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa. Set in 360 acres of breathtaking Cheshire countryside, this luxury hotel mixes traditional values with a contemporary design & comfort. Whether you're enjoying a spa weekend, leisure break, business trip or golf event, the Macdonald Portal Hotel provides the perfect setting.
All of our bedrooms have been stylishly designed with your comfort in mind. The elegant furnishings invite our guests unwind and our attention to detail, together with our 24 hour room service, ensures that your every need is catered for. For that “extra special” occasion why not book one of our feature rooms, with private balconies which provide that extra touch of luxury. Located at the heart of the hotel, the elegant Ranulf Restaurant gives you the opportunity to sample our 2 AA rosette winning menu, whilst our extensive wine list is sure to delight. With superb health and leisure facilities, including an 18 metre indoor pool, Techno Gym, luxurious Spa and 3 golf courses Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa truly has it all!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 25/10/2018 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Definitely would return
Lovely hotel booked at last minute due to being let down by another hotel in the area.
Rooms very big with everything needed for a pleasant stay, beds comfortable and bathroom very clean. Excellent customer service throughout the hotel. Enough parking. Lovely spa and facilities.
Lovely comfortable room, beautiful grounds and scenery and relaxing pool area which was open until 10pm.
All staff were friendly and helpful. Ordered room service which came in good time and was of good quality. The member of staff who brought it to us did not know how to take payment and had to go and ask however she was new and this was resolved without a fuss. Car park was quite noisy during the night due to people leaving a function in the sports bar. Overall thouroughly enjoyed our stay and wouldd definitely return. We were not made aware that there would be a pre-authorisation (deposit) required. This took a long time to be returned (upto 10 days) which was an inconvenience.