- Very Good
- 36 guest reviews
"I recently stayed here with my partner. When we arrived, we went up to look for our room and was told it was on the second floor, we had a r..."
"Close to sea..."
"The hotel has many good, kind, hard-working members of staff, staff who remember whether you prefer tea or coffee, happy to put themselves o..."
"Room was clean and tidy however the ceilings in the bedroom area and bathroom could do with a freshen up with a splash of paint. The windows..."
"A little bit of a mix up at the start unfortunately we was put into the wrong room due to having the same name as another guest. That was qu..."
About the hotel
Welcome to Newquay, unarguably, the coolest of all the Cornish towns. Voted the best family holiday destination by readers of 'COAST' magazine, the seaside town is famed for its laid-back beach vibe and The Esplanade Hotel is no exception. A picturesque and contemporary hotel overlooking the world-famous Fistral Beach in Newquay, The Esplanade is a special place where the whole family can kick back and relax together - a stylish home from home! The hotel offers stunning views from inside and out - especially from the lounge where the dramatic seascapes spill in.
Genuinely welcoming, the Esplanade Hotel in Newquay is more than just a place to sleep - it's a place where you can enjoy quality family holidays on the North Cornwall coast, splashing about in the heated indoor pool and dining together in the informal family-friendly Ocean View Restaurant. We want you to come and make our hotel your home and relax. We are all about fresh sea air, timeless activities and wholesome family holidays in Cornwall. The beach is our playground and rock pooling, flying kites and surfing are our favourite things! During the holidays we run a fun schedule of family-friendly activities - all free to join. We love getting messy and generally having lots of fun. . . this is the kind of place where childhood memories are made. Home to the Quiksilver Surf School, all guests receive discounted surf lessons and equipment hire - everyone from beginner to pro can be catered for. There's also an indoor, child friendly swimming pool, hotel bar, plus indoor and outdoor play areas for the children. The Esplanade Hotel really does have something for all the family! Fistral Beach Surf School is located on site. Newquay town centre is less than 10 minutes' walk away and Newquay Golf Club is 500 metres from the Esplanade Hotel. Newquay Rail Station is a 20-minute journey on foot. The hotel does not accept payment made by American Express card. "
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Indoor Pool , Sauna , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/04/2011 to 30/04/2020 - Please note that single sex bookings are not accepted The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
I recently stayed here with my partner.
When we arrived, we went up to look for our room and was told it was on the second floor, we had a room number and once we got up there we found every room but our own. After 15 minutes of looking we went back down to reception where we told that the room didnt have a number and it had a room name - it would have been nice to have been told this prior to walking around the whole hotel. I cannot fault the room at all, it was absolutely lovely, spacious and modern. However, there was hardly any shower pressure so it took twice as look to shower than normal and the temperaute kept changing every couple of minutes. Furthermore, our telly didnt work. We rung down to recpetion to inform them of this, 3 different people came to look at this but it couldnt be resolved - which is a shame because it really made a difference to our stay. We paid £10 to park on the premisis for one night, when we arrived we found our slot. We popped out to the shops for no more than 45 minutes, when we returned we found that somebody had moved the barrier down and taken our space. I went into reception to make them aware of the situation and was just told to park elsewhere until it got sorted. In the end, I parked in front of the 'do not park' sign. In all fairness the hotel refunded me the parking and breakfast charge which was really good of them.
Overall, the design and interior of the hotel is lovely and the food is to a good standard. I would still go back to this hotel, only if they had better showers though. The cleanliness of the hotel was of the highest standard and the staff are very friendly. The receptionist is lovely and very helpful.
Close to sea