- Very Good
- 1 guest reviews
"Great staff - friendly and helpful; lovely breakfast; the room could have been in better condition, considering what we paid for it - the wo..."
About the hotel
Indulge in the Metropolitan way of life: fresh, stylish, energetic. The Metropolitan in London is among the capital's most enduring design phenomena, a hotel that combines cool looks and cosseting service with a contemporary mindset, putting it squarely on the map of travellers seeking to be at the centre of the action. From floor-to-ceiling windows, look out over a glittering skyline, comfortable in the knowledge you are standing right where it matters - on Park Lane, with the city's best bar and restaurant in the very same building.
A contemporary hotel with an enduring design aesthetic. The hotel's sleek yet serene urban image combines soft whites, pear-wood panelling, suede upholstery and pure Egyptian cottons. Colours are subtle, featuring cosseting mauves and warm plum. Carefully selected pieces of antique Asian furniture introduce soft, Eastern accents. This is the work of Keith Hobbs, regarded as a true innovator in hotel design for the modern generation. Natural light floods the spaces, while walls of glass draw you into the city. The Japanese- Peruvian restaurant, Nobu, buzzes at lunch and dinner with devotees of its Micehelin-starred cuisine. The Met Bar is a cult classic among the music, media and fashion crowd, a sultry lounge bar and club with live DJs and memorable Martinis. For a quieter moment, retreat to the intimate and newly renovated COMO Shambhala Urban Escape offering a full-range of holistic, Asian-inspired therapies in addition to yoga and a fully-equipped private gym. It is an uplifting perspective, proof of simplicity's power, and the chic appeal of understatement. It is your private haven at the heart of the metropolis, a place to retreat to when the need for quiet comes upon you.
Showing Thursday 11 February 2016 to Friday 12 February 2016Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Fitness Centre , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Games Console , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- Pets are allowed
0% would recommend it to a friend
Great hotel, but rooms a bit tired around the edges
Great staff - friendly and helpful; lovely breakfast; the room could have been in better condition, considering what we paid for it - the woodwork on the cupboard doors and on the bathroom door was really worn and the varnish patchy - made a poor impression of the room when there is so much of the wood on show in it!