- Very Good
- 400 guest reviews
"First impressions were high. Things just got better. Expensive but good value for money...."
"The Russell is in a prime location and it's a grand old impressive building with lovely common user rooms (restaurant, bar area, foyer). Rec..."
"A lovely hotel full of character, nice room lovely staff - highly recommended...."
"The staff were very friendly - from checking in a reception (and our room was ready even though we arrived v early!) to the housekeeping sta..."
"Lovely staff. Tiny bathroom and shower screen seals grubby. Small room but usual for London unless paying a fortune. Building and hotel itse..."
About the hotel
When you’re visiting the capital you need to be in a location that’s close to everything and has all the facilities you need at a great four-star price. Hotel Russell in Bloomsbury gives you just that. We’re walking distance or a short taxi ride from Euston, St.
Pancras and Kings Cross stations and next door to Russell Square tube station that takes you to Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square in minutes. Guests can also enquire at reception for 50% discount at Bloomsbury car park. Steeped in history and heritage, a refurbishment means that behind the historic façade, most bedrooms, meeting rooms and the bar have all the modern amenities that you need to make your stay memorable. Business guests and short break visitors alike are conveniently located to get around the city and can easily enjoy a theatre break, the British Museum, Buckingham Palace, St. Paul’s Cathedral or Harrods, as well as many more of the nearby central London attractions. After a busy day, there’s just enough time to unwind in the Tempus Bar with a chilled glass of wine or steaming pot of tea. Our Tempus Restaurant is also a must for a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Very helpful staff on reception
First impressions were high.
Things just got better. Expensive but good value for money.
Stylish but a bit dated
The Russell is in a prime location and it's a grand old impressive building with lovely common user rooms (restaurant, bar area, foyer).
Reception staff are very friendly, and the rooms are clean. However, the fact that the hotel is on Russell Square means rooms can be noisy. I asked for a quiet room and was given one at the back of the hotel, on level 6. This was indeed quiet, but rather small. The bathroom was fine, but had an old-fashioned tub rather than a shower. The wardrobe is tiny: you have to take the ironing board out to get any clothes into it. No fridge. And the secondary double glazing made ventilating the room tricky, as the original sash windows don't open very far. So in terms of comfort, I'd say it could do with a facelift. As for breakfast, don't book this in advance but when you get there, as you then get it at a reduced price. Breakfast itself is nice enough, but not varied enough: there was the same fruit, cheese, and cooked meats on both days of my stay. There could be more choice re the bread, which right now is just toast, croissants, and white rolls. The cooked breakfast is good, as is the coffee. Overall, I got the impression that this grand old dame of a hotel is finding it a bit hard to compete against the stiff competition in central London. But with this hotel, the rooms vary in size, service is always good, and you do feel you're residing in Bloomsbury in style at least.