"Adequate for the price. Single glazed windows with severe rot In the frames not pretty. Needs a lot of tlc to make it a more pleasant enviro..."
About the hotel
Garden Lodge Hotel re-opened in April 2009 after an extensive refurbishment; our accommodation consists of 12 comfortable and well-appointed single, double, twin and family rooms - perfect for an overnight stop or a longer stay. All rooms have en-suite bathroom and/or shower, remote control TV and complimentary tray with tea and coffee making facilities. FREE WiFi The Garden Lodge Hotel is perfect for an overnight stop or a longer stay, offering comfortable and well-appointed rooms.
The comfortable reception area and fully licensed bar is available to both residents and diners. We stock bottled and draught beer and a wide selection of wines, spirits and soft drinks, not forgetting a full range of cocktails. Situated adjacent to the A505 between Hitchin and Baldock, our restaurant is set in very picturesque surroundings, beyond a wide green. There is ample parking both on road and in our private car park. Our location is ideal for smaller functions, seminars, celebration dinners and wedding receptions. We have a meeting room for up to 24 people and a restaurant serving Indian cuisine that can comfortably accommodate 60 covers.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/07/2015 to 31/07/2016 - THE RESTAURANT AND BAR CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENT. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
0% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was very poor and not as described, and they didn't do food at all, not even breakfast.
The room was very cold - the heating barely getting the radiators warm - and it was dirty (there was rubbish left on top of the wardrobe), the wall paper was peeling and stained, and the bathroom was not clean. There were trailing wires everywhere, both in the room, and elsewhere in the hotel, and the T.V was very small and would work a lot of the time. The staff on duty attempted to fix it, by jamming bits of paper in to the aerial lead - which was loose and seemed to be the problem, but in the 2 days I was there, it was not resolved. The frame to the room door seemed to be broken, with repairs to broken woodwork. there was insufficient parking with overspill on to the road.
Terrible accommodation do not stay here