"Staff were very helpful and friendly. Accommodation was adequate for just a one night stay. Room and bed was clean. Breakfast was good, fres..."
"The Balkan Hotel is under refurbishment, so the Reception was in the neighbouring Hotel, as well as the breakfast. The receptionist was frie..."
"Tiny room, but what more do you need when you are just there to sleep. Breakfast much better than expected. Ideal for sleeping after a night..."
"Fairly basic accommodation- Large TV in the room though and for under £30 each inc breakfast, good value for Central London...."
About the hotel
Located at close proximity to central London, Hotel Balkan is a two star hotel with a contemporary outlook yet preserving the traditional homely essence of a B & B. Hence, all the room are en-suite and fully equipped with free Wi-Fi internet, TV (with selected Sky Channels), Fridge, Tea/Coffee facilities, microwave & hairdryer (both available on request) and free continental breakfast for all its customers. Though, the highlighting feature of the residence is its great value for price and its prime location.
Located amidst Hammersmith & Shepherds Bush areas on the Shepherd’s Bush Road; The Bush Theatre, BBC TV Centre (White City), Empire Shepherd’s Bush, Carling Apollo Hammersmith, Westfield Shopping Centre, Queen’s Park Rangers football club, Riverside Studios and Olympia are all on a short walking distance, while all the central London attractions are a mere 15 – 20 minutes away. If travelling by road, it benefits by lying just outside the borders of the congestion Charge Zone (no congestion charge) with very easy access to A4, M4, A40 and M40 motorways. Travelling by metro; the Shepherds Bush station (Central, Hammersmith & City line) and Hammersmith stations are a short walk away, the former 5 and the latter a 10 min walk.
Showing Tuesday 31 March 2015 to Wednesday 1 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
60% would recommend it to a friend
Grubby, ill-maintained and off-hand attitude
OK - I want to be fair so I will list the good points as well as the bad.
1. Its Cheap for the area
2. Good location for access to Shepherd's Bush and Hammersmith
3. Free Wifi could be accessed from my room
4. There was a fridge which worked
1.State of the decor - shoddy does not even come close. Given that cheap was a good point, I feel I was overcharged for the standard of room I received. 2. Clear evidence of prior guests smoking in a non-smoking room given the cigarette burns on display
3. Refusal to serve my breakfast as I was 30 seconds after 9.00am - there was one other guest who had obviously received his breakfast moments earlier as he had not started eating it. 4. Road Noise - Shepherd's Bush Road is extremely busy and even double glazing does not keep the noise out
5. Everything was stained or broken or poorly maintained - the mattress (yuch!) and seat in the room were stained, paint stains on the carpet, broken cheap MDF desk. 6. Door lock had obviously been replaced and the previous hole just filled with a dirty yellow substance
7. The in-room fridge and television were run off of a 4-way adapter - the only visible plug socket in the room. The kettle lead would not reach any available surface whilst plugged into this adapter - not a safe option in terms of positioning (between a bed and the side of the fridge. 8. The net curtains were a nasty shade of grey and have obviously not been entertained with a visit to a washing machine during their lives
9. The bath was a generous sized Jacuzzi bath, but the water outlet nozzles were broken off leaving sharp plastic and metal protuberances in the floor of the bath. It was difficult to shower without cutting my feet - I would not like to have tried to take a bath and sat on them. 10. The shower curtain rail was partially detached from the ceiling and was of such cheap design that it was virtually impossible to move the curtain along it's track due to the gaps between each section
11. Parking is available in side streets but is on a "Pay and Display" basis, whilst it is free between 6.00pm and 9.00am it is between £2.20 and £2.80 per hour otherwise
Hotel Balkan is linked with at least one other named hotel - Euro Hotel. Check-in and breakfast were located in the Euro Hotel. The room that I received was in an adjacent building to the Euro, whilst the signage for Hotel Balkan was on yet a different building. I was extremely upset with the attitude of the staff member who refused to serve me breakfast and indeed the same staff member was on the desk for check-out. I advised him that I was not impressed with his attitude and that refusal to serve anything on the basis that I was 30 seconds over the stipulated time represented poor service. He offered an apology, but then stated that whilst he had said sorry, that he did not mean it because I was in the wrong. I could understand that in a busy hotel with lots of guests that it can be difficult if guests arrive late for meals. However, in this situation where the one member of staff has clearly taken a jobsworth attitude he could have handled this so differently. So in conclusion - yes, compared to other venues, this is a cheap hotel. But when the adage is that you get what you pay for, I am afraid at Hotel Balkan you do not even get that. Unfortunately, I cannot upload the supporting photographs that illustrate the points raised above.
Staff were very helpful and friendly.
Accommodation was adequate for just a one night stay. Room and bed was clean. Breakfast was good, freshly cooked and ample for me. If I was visiting there again on my own I would quite happily stay there.