- 1 guest reviews
"The accommodation, food and service were all just perfect. Staff were helpful, friendly and polite...."
About the hotel
In the heart of St James’s, the historical part of central London, a few steps from Buckingham Palace and St James’s Palace, lies this little gem of Great British hospitality – The Stafford London by Kempinski. The hotel consists of three very distinctive parts - the Main House, which combines 16-18 St. James's Place, three elegant city residences of English aristocracy, who wanted to live in close proximity to the Royal Family.
The rooms and suites in the Main House still reflect the calm elegance of those days. The Carriage House, the former stables of the nobility's thoroughbreds has been converted into cosy and inviting accommodation, oozing countryside charm with wooden beams, split doors, fire places and some of the rooms even feature four poster beds. The latest addition to The Stafford is The Stafford Mews, overlooking the peaceful Blue Ball Yard at the rear of the hotel, with its 26 junior and master suites, all designed to resemble stylish apartments instead of hotel suites, especially inviting for those who want to stay long term. No need to go hungry at The Stafford either - since 2010, Executive Head Chef Brendan Fyldes has reigned in the kitchen, focusing on classic and much loved British dishes, every single one of them including at least one ingredient from Lancashire, where Brendan originates from. The Lyttelton restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner - and afternoon tea in the Lyttelton lounge - all a la carte, with daily changing menus depending on what has been delivered fresh in the morning. The American Bar offers bar favourites and during the summer, lunch can be served outside, showing off London at its very best!
Showing Sunday 19 April 2015 to Monday 20 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, CD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 17/01/2012 to 31/01/2013 - As of January 01, 2012 we will be implementing a discretionary service charge of 5%. This charge is not included in the room rate and will be paid to the hotel The LateRooms.com rates for The Stafford London in London are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The accommodation, food and service were all just perfect.
Staff were helpful, friendly and polite.