- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Generally the accommodation was fine. There have been other reviews complaining about the size of the rooms, but we were happy that it provi..."
"The carpets are thread bare in places. As a solo traveller I was put in an attic room which had the smallest ensuite with no bath. Be warned..."
"One night stay for a event locally. Reception staff were very pleasant on arrival and room was a decent size and very clean. Good value for..."
"Good hotel in lovely setting. Nice spacious and quiet room. Dining arrangements poor as is staff training. Could be improved by more attenti..."
"Really enjoyed my stay here - very, very peaceful location and the hotel benefits from some beautiful gardens and grounds. Staff were lovely..."
About the hotel
Set in 25 acres of landscaped gardens in the heart of the Chiltern Hills, Chartridge provides a warm & friendly welcome from efficient and caring staff. Originally a private home dating back to the early 1900s, Chartridge Lodge is within easy reach of several National Trust properties and the Harry Potter Studio Tour. With just a 35 minute direct train journey into London, a short drive to both Heathrow and Luton airports and easy access to the motorway Chartridge offers its guests country life with city access.
Having plenty onsite, secure free parking and complimentary wifi, Chartridge is an ideal choice for either business or pleasure. At the end of the day relax in our bar and enjoy a freshly cooked dish from our tasty bar menu before retiring to your bedroom for a comfortable nights sleep. All of our rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and trouser press.
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Pitch n' Putt , Croquet
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 09:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
74% would recommend it to a friend
needs a complete overhaul
Room in eaves was small, walls badly scuffed & bedside table damaged with rough edges.
No handle to close bathroom door from bedroom side- very odd. Had to run tap/ shower for long time to get it warm never hot. Very poor selection of cold breakfast. Dried up grapefruit segments, few prunes & what was possibly yoghurt with prune juice dripped in it & no spoons to serve. 3 stale croissants on separate table. Had to reject my coffee as so stewed it was undrinkable - the replacement was little better. Wouldn't usually go for cooked items but tried mushrooms & poached egg which was fine & at least filled me up. I wouldn't choose to stay here again.
Overnight Stay for local event
Generally the accommodation was fine.
There have been other reviews complaining about the size of the rooms, but we were happy that it provided perfectly acceptable space and comfort, for the purposes of an overnight stay. Our only adverse comments would be firstly that the radiator in our bedroom was not working, and although it was reported to reception straight away, it was not attended to and there was no further feedback, and secondly that in the second of two rooms we had booked, the TV remote did not work properly with the result that my sister in law could not change channel or volume.