- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"Excellent hotel. Although we were lucky to get a space car parking could be a problem if the hotel is very busy. The 'no menu' meal was stra..."
"Very friendly & centrally located. Very accommodating and an excellent breakfast...."
"hotel doesn't look much on outside, parking is in side road but free and parking is normally a issue in Chesterfield. Room was excellent and..."
"Friendly, clean, tidy, comfortable etc.. Beats clinical chain hotels any day - nice touch of character, genuine warmth from the owners. Due..."
"Our room was spacious and had the luxury of a bath - not just a shower cubicle. The decor was traditional and the bed was comfortable. The e..."
About the hotel
Buckingham’s Award Winning Hotel is the gateway to the Peak District National Park and Chatsworth House plus many more attractions. Originally a pair of Victorian semi detached houses that have been sympathetically converted into this attractive, comfortable and relaxed hotel in Newbold, a residential area of Chesterfield. Nick, Tina, Vicci, Emma and Will Buckingham are well known for their warm and friendly hotel, which specialises in superlative food.
The hotel have recently won Best Breakfast of the year from Derbyshire food and drink awards. The hotel’s modern facilities are combined with an attention to detail and quality of service. The homely hotel bedrooms are full of those little personal touches that you would expect. All ten bedrooms are well appointed and cater for guests traveling either on business or for pleasure. We have focused on increasing the space and quality of the bedrooms. Buckingham's is well known for the Restaurant with One Table and Clowns Conservatory Restaurant, which are both unique and have no menus; it means we can prepare your meal to your personal requirements with the emphasis on quality and freshness. Please note, the hotel closes at 02:00, after which point the front entrance will be locked. A 3% surcharged applies to all Credit Card transactions.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Porter , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Wheelchair Access
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
70% would recommend it to a friend
Although we were lucky to get a space car parking could be a problem if the hotel is very busy. The 'no menu' meal was strange it worked well just ask for what you want and hey presto it turns up. Could be a trifle expensive if you ate in every night though. Beautifully cooked though. Breakfast fantastic.
Comfortable & clean.
Very friendly & centrally located.
Very accommodating and an excellent breakfast.