- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"We stayed one night in their room 2 and got to stay one of the best overnight stays we have had. Was a wow moment from the time we entered t..."
"It was a late decision to go away for the weekend and this proved the perfect place for a relaxing stay. Despite our later than intended arr..."
"Cosy bar and lounge area. Rooms clean and well appointed. Dinner menu was not extensive but very well cooked. Breakfast was excellent...."
"Lovely hotel old building but modern facilities. Room was clean warm and well designed kept old world charm with modern conveniences. Bar an..."
"It was a fairly last minute booking and wasn't sure what to expect. The room was very quaint and cosy ( with the most comfortable bed I have..."
About the hotel
The Cotswold Plough is a perfect example of a 16th Century, stylish yet informal hotel. The hotel is perfectly located to explore landmark Cotswold towns, the rolling countryside and the Dreaming Spires of Oxford. Bampton, home to Downton Abbey, is right on the doorstep, Burford only 15 mins away and is the nearest hotel to Kelmscott Manor home to William Morris in 1878.
The Cotswold Plough has 11 elegant, confortable and spacious en-suite bedrooms, a restaurant and a bar serving local ales, quality everyday dining options, open fires and a sunshine terrace for Al fresco dining. The hotel offers something for everyone all year round, with an idyllic charm that allows guests to relax in comfort and there is free Wifi throughout. The restaurant serves an a la cate menu of seasonal mouth-watering dishes. Whereas the bar offers a more traditional British menu and the hotel's most unique offering: a Gin Pantry with over 150 individual gins and an incomparable knowledge of these drinks and their accompaniments.
Showing Friday 22 May 2015 to Saturday 23 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/08/2010 to 29/01/2016 - Please note for any guests arriving outside check in times, please call +44(0) 1367 810 222 prior to arrival allow the hotel to make allowances. The LateRooms.com rates for The Cotswold Plough Hotel & Restaurant in Burford are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
The Cotswold Plough-Clanfield
We stayed one night in their room 2 and got to stay one of the best overnight stays we have had.
Was a wow moment from the time we entered the room to booking out. Beautiful large room, large bathroom, we found it very peaceful, lovely setting, nice walks from the hotel on your doorstep, pleasant staff, and filling breakfast (vary varied options too). Would recommend and definitely stay again, good value for money.
Wonderful weekend treat
It was a late decision to go away for the weekend and this proved the perfect place for a relaxing stay.
Despite our later than intended arrival, the staff were friendly and welcoming, continuing to be so throughout the whole weekend. Our room was really traditional without feeling stuffy or old-fashioned and had a wonderfully comfortable bed. We had dinner on the first night (it was definitely a restaurant which happens to be in an inn, rather than a pub which does food) and the cheese soufflé starter was one of the best I've had anywhere. Breakfast was excellent with perfectly buttery croissants and a nice range of hot dishes expertly cooked to order. The second evening we got back after a day in of wandering, museum & dinner in Oxford (35 minute drive) and relaxed in the bar with a great pint of local ale. The Plough is somewhere we discovered by happy accident and hope to return to many times (gin tasting?) if it maintains it's current standards.