- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"Very quiet on a mid-week January evening stay. Receptionist a bit overrun at check-in running between serving at the bar, answering phone an..."
"Had a long day, ready for bed and a good nights sleep. Did not happen, I was in a room over the dining room (room 8) and the customer noise..."
"We stayed one night in their room 2 and got to stay one of the best overnight stays we have had. Was a wow moment from the time we entered t..."
"It was a late decision to go away for the weekend and this proved the perfect place for a relaxing stay. Despite our later than intended arr..."
"Cosy bar and lounge area. Rooms clean and well appointed. Dinner menu was not extensive but very well cooked. Breakfast was excellent...."
About the hotel
The Cotswold Plough is a perfect example of a 16th Century, stylish yet informal hotel. The hotel is perfectly located to explore landmark Cotswold towns, the rolling countryside and the Dreaming Spires of Oxford. Bampton, home to Downton Abbey, is right on the doorstep, Burford only 15 mins away and is the nearest hotel to Kelmscott Manor home to William Morris in 1878.
The Cotswold Plough has 11 elegant, confortable and spacious en-suite bedrooms, a restaurant and a bar serving local ales, quality everyday dining options, open fires and a sunshine terrace for Al fresco dining. The hotel offers something for everyone all year round, with an idyllic charm that allows guests to relax in comfort and there is free Wifi throughout. The restaurant serves an a la cate menu of seasonal mouth-watering dishes. Whereas the bar offers a more traditional British menu and the hotel's most unique offering: a Gin Pantry with over 150 individual gins and an incomparable knowledge of these drinks and their accompaniments.
Showing Thursday 11 February 2016 to Friday 12 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Pleasant but pricey food and drink
Very quiet on a mid-week January evening stay.
Receptionist a bit overrun at check-in running between serving at the bar, answering phone and attending to my check-in. Room pleasant enough. Only three guests in the bar/restaurant so no worry about noise. Food was tasty but not huge portions; pleasant wines but a bit pricey by the glass.
Hotel for work
Had a long day, ready for bed and a good nights sleep.
Did not happen, I was in a room over the dining room (room 8) and the customer noise did not stop until 11pm then the cleaners started, about midnight before I got to sleep.