- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"Bed was comfortable, room was a bit cold on arrival and only a very small heater was left to do the job. I thought they should have left mor..."
"My wife and I spent three days at the hotel, which lived up to our expectations. It is not the Ritz, but does not set out, or claim to be. T..."
"Very pleasant for a short stay..."
About the hotel
The Travelodge Galway hotel is situated in a perfect location, just one mile away from key locations around Galway city, very heart of Galway city- The Eyre Square is just 10 minutes' walk, 3 minutes' walk to Greyhound Stadium and Connacht rugby stadium, 5 minutes' drive to Galway Race Course. You can leave your car in our free car park and reach any destination in or less than 10 minutes or take a short trip by taxi. Rooms at Galway Travelodge all feature bathrooms with baths and power showers.
They also include flat screen TVs and tea/coffee-making facilities, with high speed Wi-Fi access. The Café Bar is open daily and serves a range of snacks and beverages. Our restaurant staff will cook you traditional Irish breakfast, which will not start cooking until you place an order. There is also a bus stop outside the hotel which will bring you to the city centre. The hotel has a 24-hour front desk, which offers free Wi-Fi, express check-out and our friendly staff will give you information about places of interest. In conjunction with "Galway Tour Company" you can visit lovely Connemara region or see one of the highest in Europe- Cliffs of Moher. Galway has a fantastic selection of shops, bars and restaurants and has a vibrant nightlife.
Showing Thursday 5 May 2016 to Friday 6 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Mountain Bike Hire
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
No frills, but clean.
Bed was comfortable, room was a bit cold on arrival and only a very small heater was left to do the job.
I thought they should have left more than 3 towels for 2 people. We could have asked for more, but that's not really the point, is it. I thought it was fine for what we were looking for but the stay had a few 'fatal' flaws:
1) no free wifi in the bedroom. 2) very limited on-site parking, which because we checked-in after a meeting meant we had to park off-site. That left me feeling nervous about my car all night. 3) too few towels
Overall it was fine, but I wouldn't stay someone without free in-room wifi again.
Travelodge Galway City
My wife and I spent three days at the hotel, which lived up to our expectations.
It is not the Ritz, but does not set out, or claim to be. The room was immaculately clean and the furniture and furnishings in very good condition. The hotel is very conveniently placed alongside a main thoroughfare but was well insulated against traffic noise. My perpetual complaint, not limited to this hotel, is why double and twin rooms never seem to be equipped with TWO chairs !. Overall, a very good experience.