- Very Good
- 14 guest reviews
"We stayed in the 4 poster garden room. Huge space and beautiful. We didn't eat here so cannot comment on the dining but overall we were ple..."
"Pleasant enough stay. Local pub is only a five minute walk away. Our room had 50% of the lights not working and bathroom floor tiles were cr..."
"comfortable stay watching the election result come in!..."
"Bathroom was poor, extract fan not working, toilet tricky to flush and shower extremely weak. Food is bland and overpriced...."
"Room was lovely, clean and well furnished (number 11) the only problem was there was no shower just a bath with a shower connected to the ta..."
About the hotel
The hotel was built in the early part of the 1900s as a private house and still retains much of its grandeur. Located in the Cambridgeshire village of Duxford, this fine country house hotel offers ideal accommodation for visitors to Cambridge, Cambridge University, Newmarket, Thaxted, Saffron Walden, the Imperial War Museum (Duxford Air Museum) and is convenient for Stansted Airport. All fifteen bedrooms are individually decorated and our policy of continuous refurbishment ensures that they are always maintained to a very high standard.
Check out our Accommodation page for the latest pictures of some of our rooms. Surrounded by beautifully kept and secluded gardens, the sweeping drive takes you past the sun terrace to the four garden rooms, two of which have four-poster beds, standing where the stables of yesteryear were built. We can offer bed and breakfast if that is what you require but if you need more than B&B accommodation then you will find that our Le Paradis Restaurant well deserves the many accolades it has won from the AA and English Tourist Board. When visiting the Lounge Bar, decorated with many pictures of aeroplanes and fighter pilots, you can imagine the frequent visitors during the last World War which included Winston Churchill, Douglas Bader and Bing Crosby in their number. The Duxford Lodge Hotel is easily found just two minutes from J10 of the M11 and a twenty minute drive to Stansted Airport to the South and the City of Cambridge to the North. The famous Imperial War Museum is also just two minutes from the picturesque village of Duxford. We offer Wireless Broadband Internet access FREE for all guests and corporate customers.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Wedding Licence , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 29/04/2010 to 01/04/2017 - If checkin later than 11.00 pm please phone hotel to make arrangements for late check in. The restaurant is not open on Sunday evenings but soup and sandwiches are available for residents only The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Chaos at breakfast
When booking in the young lady very pleasant but did not even know what time breakfast was available on Sundays.
Breakfast on Sunday morning- absolute chaos. The dining room had not been cleared from the night before. We were ignored for 30 minutes whilst waiting for breakfast. I assume this happened as there were no staff. No one on reception to ask or pay for room until 09-30. Where was everyone. This spoiled what could have been a pleasant stay.
We stayed in the 4 poster garden room.
Huge space and beautiful.
We didn't eat here so cannot comment on the dining but overall we were pleased with our stay