- 89 guest reviews
"Uncomfortable Bed matress could do with replacing due to spring causing discomfort...."
"Friendly exceptional value..."
"First impression of the hotel weren't great, half the building was covered in scaffolding. Once inside we were made to feel very welcome and..."
"I specifically booked a twin bedded room as I was sharing with my 18yearold Daughter. We were given a double room. The hotel said that they..."
"Very comfortable friendly hotel and good value for money..."
About the hotel
The AA 3 Star Heathlands Hotel is set in it's own landscaped gardens in a pleasant, quiet location, yards from East Clifft and a 15 minutes walk to Bournemouth Station. Just a short walk from the town centre, the railway station and the Bournemouth International Centre. Many rooms overlook the gardens.
Heathlands is an ideal base for individual leisure and business visitors, training courses, conferences and special group breaks. The hotel offers FREE wifi to all guests. The management and team at Heathlands are renowned for providing an informal, friendly but efficient service. Bournemouth is a delightful resort town in a secluded bay on the South coast, and is one of the U. K. 's foremost leisure destinations. It has 7 miles of award winning golden sandy beaches, and 2,000 acres of charming parks, plus a plethora of child and adult friendly activities and attractions.
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Meeting Facilities , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
45% would recommend it to a friend
New Year in Bournemouth Heathlands Hotel
Uncomfortable Bed matress could do with replacing due to spring causing discomfort.
The worst hotel ive ever stayed at.
I booked based on the customer ratings so will never believe in them again.
The duty manager was run off his feet and because of this I had to wait ages to see him to complain. There was nothing he could do and I got the impression he had extremely limited powers. I've worked as a duty manager in various hotels in Bournemouth and never seen someone in that position with so little access to power to react and correct complaints. He bent over backwards and I give him 10 out of 10 as he tried hard and apologised. My complaints we're put down in a log book for the general manager for the next day. The next day there was a cancellation so I got moved to a clean room by the general manager who I complained to about the room and felt like I was speaking to a brick wall. Just a lot of head nodding as though there was no interest just robotic practise and must deal with this on a 24/7 basis. This was without loads of the botch jobs I had witnessed in the first room. This room was bearable but very tired with a bath that leaked so I had to top up 4 times whilst having a bath. The chair nearly fell apart when I sat on it and once again had to complain about that. I ended up booking out early and the duty manager didn't ask why or if I enjoyed my stay. Never felt so insulted in my life and I've stayed in a lot of hotels. They really need to pull their socks up on many issues. Never staying there again. The other shocker was all the guests I met were complaining about things outside where There's a bench to smoke. It was complaints central.