- 3 guest reviews
"I only stayed one night but I found the staff very friendly and welcoming. Room was clean and comfortable, and the food good...."
"The Peacock is a small, off the beaten track, quiet and friendly place to stay. Lovely staff, very attentive. Well worth the money...."
"The hotel is in such a picturesque area.The staff are so very helpful and friendly.The room was very comfortable and the food was superb,I c..."
About the hotel
Set at the foot of the beautiful Chilterns in picturesque Henton near Thame. Located just 50 minutes to London via the M40, the hotel offers quality accommodation, restaurant, free WiFi and ample on site parking. This is a friendly Country Inn making the ideal location for business and leisure with easy access to Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire.
If you are looking for somewhere to rest and enjoy freshly cooked local food and experience the countryside, plus a cosy lounge bar to relax in front of an open log fire during the colder months, visit for the perfect quiet and secluded sanctuary. Combining traditional character with modern comforts, the hotel exudes charm and warmth, with a courtyard to unwind in surrounded by the tranquillity of the surroundings. There are 25 bedrooms, offering comfortable contemporary facilities. The hotel pride themselves on being a cosy and inviting country inn offering guests a warm and friendly room environment, some rooms enjoy a picturesque view of Bledlow Ridge. Rooms with disabled facilities are also available on request, subject to availability. The hotel offers an excellent selection of delicious fresh food at an affordable price. The superb lunchtime and evening menus are changed seasonally and feature fresh local vegetables and produce, and the full English breakfast will satisfy any appetite. With friendly staff always offering great customer service, this is perfect for dining whether you desire a simple bar snack or a traditional English Dinner with a modern twist. Quiet and secluded, this is a brilliant location for business meetings, with its close location to the M40 it offers easy access for all delegates attending. For a business meeting or private function the friendly and efficient staff can co-ordinate and requirements to make any event run smoothly. Local attractions include the beautiful Chiltern Hills and Cotswolds, Henley, Oxford, Blenheim Palace and a multitude of walking and cycle paths and nearby Golf Courses. The hotel is 30 minutes to Wembley by train and 50 minutes to the west end theatres via the motorway. Other places of interest that are located within ten minutes from the hotel are; The Phoenix Trail, Ridgeway Walk, Milton Pools Fishing and Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway. Within 30-60 minutes from the hotel; City of Oxford, Henley on Thames, Bicester Village Shopping, Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre, Waterperry Gardens, Hellfire Caves, Whipsnade Wild Animal Park and Waddesdon Manor
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 02/06/2016 to 31/12/2025 - Please note that all rooms en suite. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
I only stayed one night but I found the staff very friendly and welcoming.
Room was clean and comfortable, and the food good.
The Peacock is a small, off the beaten track, quiet and friendly place to stay.
Lovely staff, very attentive. Well worth the money.