- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"We stayed at the Hotel one night to attend a wedding in Great Somerford, because of the lateness of our booking all the superior rooms were..."
"Sadly on arrival we noted majority of vases on the tables and around the hotel contained dead flowers and these were not changed over the tw..."
"Our stay was sch,methane thought it first class. Room was large and the bedding was clean and of good quality. Food was great. Although it w..."
"Spoilt by the service in the restaurant. Everything else was exceptional..."
"Lovely hotel in quiet town. The hotel itself is full of character and just what you would expect for England's oldest hotel. Staff are very..."
About the hotel
This beautiful period property is steeped in character with log fires, paintings, stone walls and period furniture. It is reputed to be England's oldest hotel, adjacent to the famous Abbey in the historic town of Malmesbury, on the edge of the Cotswolds. Dine in Edwardian splendour in the award winning restaurant.
This ideal location, 5 minutes from Junction 17 of the M4 motorway, makes a perfect base to explore the Cotswolds, Westonbirt Arboretum and many other attractions in the area. Cirencester, Chippenham and Swindon are a short drive away and so are the Roman city of Bath and Bristol. **We also provide gift wrapped chocolates and house champagne, for those special occasions. Please call the hotel directly if you wish to purchase these gifts, and we can ensure they are placed in your room prior to arrival, along with a personalised message**
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , CD Library , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Old Bell Malmesbury.
We stayed at the Hotel one night to attend a wedding in Great Somerford, because of the lateness of our booking all the superior rooms were taken.
Our room was in the coach house it was small but clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was very good and the service was excellent.
Wedding party parents
Sadly on arrival we noted majority of vases on the tables and around the hotel contained dead flowers and these were not changed over the two days of our stay.
At the second day breakfast, there was a quantity of food including chips and bread from the previous evening under the table. Our second floor double room was clean and well equipped but we considered that it was not good value for £140.00 per night that it cost with a very small bathroom. However, all of the staff were excellent, very helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. Thank you to them.