- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"Great location, staff very friendly and helpful. Food excellent, room a bit tired in decor but very warm and comfortable...."
"Beautiful location and friendly staff who could not have been more helpful. The fabric of the building needs a little TLC and the food was O..."
"The Hotel was very nice and to be honest of very high standard. The cost was just a little high considering the minor hiccups. i.e. my showe..."
"The staff obviously enjoy their jobs, which is always a good sign. Missed a Sunday newspaper, but otherwise all fine...."
"The location is brilliant. Right on the river just on the edge of town. The hotel looks great from the outside and the reception and public..."
About the hotel
The Hotel is situated virtually on an island on the River Thames and enjoys one of the most attractive locations in Abingdon. The Upper Reaches is part of the old Abingdon Abbey which was built in the 10th Century and there are still ruins to be seen today. If you wander into the centre of Town you will come across the Abingdon Museum, which used to be the Town Hall and was built in 1682.
St Helens Church is a short walk away and is thought to be the site of the earliest recorded Morris Dancing. With the Thames on our doorstep you can take a boat trip into Oxford in the summer where you will find the 800 year old university and all its attractions which are upheld today. We are particularly proud of our Stream Restaurant which boasts one of the oldest working Millwheels in England. The Stream Restaurant has a superb menu where each dish is carefully prepared. During the warmer months you may wish to sit outside in the Garden with the magical sound of the millstream as a background accompaniment. The Upper Reaches Hotel is a perfect location for Wedding Receptions, Private Parties, Business and Pleasure, for a relaxing break in the county of Oxfordshire. Restaurant Hours: Please note there is no Dinner Service on Sunday evenings from December 2011. No Dinner Service on Friday and Saturday Evening in December, due to Christmas Party Nights. There will also be a Disco until 12am. The Restaurant will only be open for Breakfast Service between Christmas and New Years Day.
Showing Friday 29 May 2015 to Saturday 30 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- In-room Broadband
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/10/2012 to 07/11/2021 - The Hotel also caters to Wedding Receptions, which may result in loud music until 12am. Please check at time of booking if this will effect you. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
The Upper Reaches
Great location, staff very friendly and helpful.
Food excellent, room a bit tired in decor but very warm and comfortable.