- 4 guest reviews
"Perfect room, spacious and fresh. The complimentary decanter of Brandy was a perfect extra touch...."
"Only used the room ,v pleasant and spacious..."
"The hotel is in a very good location very clean and really helpful staff food really good Clive the chef cooked me a steak which was first c..."
About the hotel
Best Western Moore Place is a Grade II Listed Georgian Manor House located in the heart of the picturesque village of Aspley Guise. Its hard to imagine being only 10 minutes from the centre of Milton Keynes and just one 1 mile from J13 of the M1. Perfectly situated for visits to Woburn, Bletchley Park and all the exciting attractions that Milton Keynes has to offer.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Exactly what we were hoping for.
Perfect room, spacious and fresh.
The complimentary decanter of Brandy was a perfect extra touch.
Hmmm - could be better and should be!?
As a family of 4 we stayed at the hotel overnight for a local wedding (not at the hotel though that's what it seems to cater for - be warned.
- so it's perhaps to be expected that the hotel will cater for the lowest common denominator and charge as much as it can get away with!) out of logistical convenience. Check in was OK though there was some confusion if we'd paid in advance (we had to my knowledge) or otherwise. Our two rooms were booked months in advance and I'd asked for quiet rooms on the top floor away from noise - the room my wife and I had was properly accommodated (room 49?) at the end of the annex corridor on the top floor but my two sons room (33) was mid level within the hotel and they suffered a disturbed nights sleep (or lack off!) due to inconsiderate child 'guests' running up and down the corridor throughout the early hours and I believe other guests complained about this. The rooms seemed reasonably furnished (depending on which you end up with as others advise theirs are not up to standard) with usually nicely appointed but small bathrooms, beds are a bit tired and soft it would seem. Though it's August the central heating was on(!?) so our room was very warm and needed the windows opening overnight - not a problem being at the quiet end of the hotel but an air conditioning unit or fan would have been a godsend. Breakfast - we'd paid I think £12 a head for the breakfast - my advice is don't bother and go elsewhere (McD's or anywhere really!?) as the ingredients used were of poor quality - cheap orange juice, under cooked bacon, fatty sausages and oddly flavored scrambled egg and my wife advised the black pudding was the poorest she'd ever tasted. Toast was DIY and only brown bread was available(?) The mark of a good hotel includes the quality of it's breakfasts and as such this is definitely lacking here - not enough choice, not enough staff to clear tables and re-set and to offer follow up service and poor quality ingredients - there needs to be an improvement here. Would I stay here again - I think not and would happily travel further away to a better hotel so my advice is shop around and read reviews before you commit otherwise you may be disappointed and feel short changed. As many others advise this hotel needs to up its game and does require some general refurbishment given the prices it charges. Room Tip: If you want some peace ask for a room at then very end of an upper floor corridor.