This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
The Lamb Hotel Ely sits in the heart of the Cathedral City of Ely with easy access via the A10. Sitting in the shadows of Ely's splendid cathedral tower, the Lamb Hotel dates back to the 15th century when it existed as a coaching inn. Historically there is much to see with the fine cathedral and Cromwell's house just a short walk away.
The Churchwardens of St Mary's dined here frequently, spending one pound on dinner here in 1782, of which a mere 9s went towards food and 11s was spent on wine, punch, and beer. In the same year the inn was sold to a local brewing family, the Harlocks, and its own brewery was converted into a coach-house - evidence of the growing importance of the posting trade. It was also the stopping point for a number of regular coach services including the Union, which ran three times a week between King's Lynn and London via Ely, Cambridge and Ware. Today it is a popular meeting place for locals and is a great base for exploring the local area and nearby Cambridge.
Showing Tuesday 26 May 2015 to Wednesday 27 May 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/04/2011 to 30/04/2012 - Please note: The Lamb hotel does not have ground floor rooms or a lift.. Due to building work, there will be no parking available at the hotel until the 3rd March 2014. The LateRooms.com rates for Lamb in Ely are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet