- Very Good
- 78 guest reviews
"room was very small and cramped, reception staff were not aware that the main lift was out of order. Good location though, and for the low p..."
"Listen, I paid less than 40 quid for a single room with breakfast at this place so I wasn't expecting much. All I wanted was somewhere cheap..."
"The room was clean, spacious and excellent value for the money. The hotel is in a quiet location but a short walk from the town centre...."
"I booked late and got very good value for money. Room was quite small, with a strange shower/Jacuzzi arrangement, but quite adequate. An exc..."
"Having looked at previous reviews online I was rather sceptical before arriving, especially as I'd booked the lowest price possible (Single..."
About the hotel
Harben House is just off junction 14 of the M1 and is only a 15 minutes' drive from Milton Keynes. The hotel is within walking distance of the shops and public houses of the historic market town of Newport Pagnell. The nearest Station is Milton Keynes Central (4 miles away) with fast connections to Birmingham, Manchester and London Euston.
Luton Airport is approximately 20 miles away.
All room include the use of free Wi-Fi, TV, hairdryer, telephone, and tea/coffee facilities. Complimentary Wifi is available throughout and free parking is also available.
Bletchley Park’s Station X, the location of the UK’s main code breakers during World War 2 is nearby. MK Xscape a 15-minute drive away and offers a ski slope, indoor skydiving, a multi-screen cinema and a shopping and restaurant complex.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Fitness Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
it was okay for a night
room was very small and cramped, reception staff were not aware that the main lift was out of order.
Good location though, and for the low price I paid I couldnt expect perfection.
Generally OK but....
Even with the room heating turned off it was ridiculously warm and noisy.
Even after I opened both windows it was still stifling. The noise (I think from the hotel ventilation system) was like listening to an angry beehive. For a double, the room was also very small with limited room at the foot of the bed and one side of the bed was against a wall. The bed was on a carpeted part of the room but the rest of the room was poorly laminated. The strip between the carpet and laminate flooring could have been dangerous to the unsuspecting as some of the screws used to fix the strip were not flush and may have caused injury if trodden on in bare feet. The curtains did not close properly as one side was not fixed to the end of the track. So when you pulled the curtains closed there was an annoying gap which opened at the end which meant that you had to clamber over the bed to try to redress the gap. The food and bar were shocking. On several occasions at the bar, a number of the draught drinks were unavailable. Indeed, on one occasion there were more draughts 'off' than 'on'. The food was particularly poor and expensive for what you got and the service also left a lot to be desired. In one instance a side dish that I had ordered was eventually delivered nearly 10 minutes after I had finished my main course. I appreciate that the waiter offered to take off the charge for the side dish from my bill that was hardly the point. Generally, all the food I had during my stay was very bland (tasteless and watery) and the portions were small. The restaurant menu included a curry dish 'served in a traditional tiffin with poppadums, mango chutney and naan bread' which in layman's terms could also be read as 'served in tins smaller that a cat's bowl with burnt pieces of cardboard, a gloopy orange like substance and a piece of dough the size of a digestive biscuit'. Not very good at all. I have stayed at several other De Vere Venues locations before and this is not at the top of my list. Now I know what to expect from this venue I would consider it again for the accommodation but not necessarily for the bar and restaurant facilities.