- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"we have stayed at Chequers on a number of occasions and we have been very pleased with our experience. The staff are very helpful and friend..."
"Was pleasantly surprised with this hotel! Thought for the price it would of been a lot more basic but was amazing value for money! Staff wer..."
"Comfortable good value and great location. Thoroughly recommend...."
"Hotel in need of some TLC..."
"Well located & central hotel with all amenities required. Good sized room & wellequiped for my needs...."
About the hotel
WELCOME TO THE CHEQUERS HOTEL, Newbury - now an independently owned hotel. The only hotel located in Newbury itself, walking distance from the many shops, bars and restaurants, The Chequers Hotel is a traditional, 18th century coaching inn, providing excellent hotel accommodation in the heart Newbury’s town centre. The 56 well appointed en-suite bedrooms are all fully equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press, television, direct dial telephone and modem point.
You can also take advantage of our 24 hour room service. The restaurant has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and serves the finest modern and European cuisine. For those wanting a more relaxed dining environment, our comfortable bar offers a wide selection of hot and cold dishes daily. There are many local attractions to visit during your stay such as Watermill Theatre, the Corn Exchange, Newbury Race Course, Didcot Railway Centre and the Great Western Designer Outlet Village. In the heart of the Thames Valley and only 5 minutes from junction 13 of the M4, The Chequers provides an ideal venue for a business stay, meeting, conference or training course. The versatility of our six meeting and function rooms means the hotel can cater for between 6 and 160 guests. The HQ for Vodafone is close by and Bayer and Microfocus HQs are walking distance, as is Newbury Station. A popular venue locally for wedding receptions, christenings and wakes, private lunches and dinners and Christmas parties! The hotel has ample free car parking on site for guests. Close to: Vodafone and Bayer HQ, Newbury Race Course, Didcot Railway and just an hour from London direct by train
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Chequers Once More
we have stayed at Chequers on a number of occasions and we have been very pleased with our experience.
The staff are very helpful and friendly and make you very welcome. The rooms we have stayed in are very clean and tidy and everything you would expect for this type of hotel. The hotel is very old however it has been freshened up and I would imagine its an up hill battle to maintain it. The new section can be noisy if the room above is occupied and this does ring true in the other rooms if the neighbours are inconsiderate. The hotel on the whole is very good value and ideally located in the town centre and not far from the race course..
Was pleasantly surprised with this hotel.
Thought for the price it would of been a lot more basic but was amazing value for money. Staff were very professional and am all round happy with my stay here. Will definitely be returning here soon.